Chapter 12

"Aren't you gonna talk?" David asked with his hands folded on the table.

Meryl sat there motionless, without a word, stiff. The way he was looking at her made it even harder for her to try and say the things she wanted to say.

"I...I..came here to get some answers from you. I want closure for myself and you. I need to know..." her voice cracking, "why you wanted me. What was it that possessed you to torture me. To take me from my family" Meryl finished with a choked voice.

David noticed Don had his arm around Meryl's chair and was rubbing her shoulder. David decided since he's stuck in jail for probably the rest of his life, why not have a little fun. "We'll have you seen yourself. Your probably the hottest 70 year old I've ever seen. So I thought well I want a piece of that" David said.

"Hey! Shut your dirty fucking mouth before I climb over there and shut it for you" Don said getting pointing at David.

"Come on now Don, don't tell me that you didn't know about our time together. She puts up a hell of a fight; I guess you already knew that" David said leaning against the chair.

Don's face got red as a tomato because of anger. He sat back and decided not to fuel the fire. Meryl put her hand on his thigh and squeezed.

"I came here not to be played with. I want you to tell me the truth. Isn't it enough that you made my life a living hell for the past year. I deserve to know why.. I need to know why!" Meryl said with a demanding voice.

David looked at Meryl then Don and then breathed in and took a deep sigh. He laid back against the metal chair with his arms behind his head. "Do you remember when you made 'Its complicated'. Meryl nodded and he went on, "Well I was Nancy Myers assistant in the making of that film. That movie made me realize what a fabulous woman you are. And ever since the making of that movie I wanted to have you. And after 9 years of waiting I finally went in for the kill. And I won. The prize was well; you!" David said.

"You sick fuck!" Meryl said staring right at him, "you've been stalking me for 9 years. How could I have been so clueless? How did I never see you around?".

"I always stayed in the background wherever you were. I watched as you won awards, had party's, went to dinner, hotels, hospitals, airports, premieres, vacations with him" David said with a nod towards Don.

"I think I'm gonna be sick" Meryl said turning side ways on the chair. She breathed in and out as Don rubbed her back.

"You asked" David said putting his hands up.

"Your just a low life who doesn't know when to stop" Don started, "it's my turn to ask some questions. How come you picked her? Why not some other woman that you've worked with?".

"She was the easiest. The nicest. The prettiest. The rest of them would have told me to fuck off. No. Not my Meryl she went with willingly" David said dreamily.

"Willingly? You really think I went willingly?" Meryl popped her head up, "you forced me. You lied and said my husband was out back when he wasn't! I should have never ever listened to a complete stranger!".

"Can't you see Meryl. It was destined that we were supposed to be together, otherwise you wouldn't have gone with me around that corner. Though I wish she could've stayed with me longer". David reached back and banged on the metal door. "Oh the life we could have had if you just would have stayed".

"I'd rather have been dead than stayed with you. I hope I never see your fucked up face again" Meryl said walking out of the room with Don.

The officer came in and uncuffed his feet from the floor. Don and Meryl both stood up and started to walk towards the door. The officer went to cuff his hands when David kneed the officer and grabbed his gun. He than ran down the hall and grabbed Meryl from behind. One arm around the front of her and the other had the gun to her head.