~23~

"Dang it." You mumble under your breath, dropping your suitcase to the carpeted floor in your hotel room.

You had hitched a ride with your boyfriend, Christian, to Florida. The Brewers were going to play against the Rays tonight and you used this as a perfect excuse to see the Gulf of Mexico for the first time in your life.

You had planned the perfect day of relaxation and tanning on the beach, but Mother Nature had different plans.

Looking out the gigantic glass window that nearly covered the whole wall of your small hotel room, you notice how grey clouds stretch across the sky for miles. You had imagined the weather in Tampa to be nothing short of perfect, but boy were you wrong.

"Ughh." You moan while flopping yourself onto the queen-size bed. This wouldn't usually bother you, but you had to beg your boss for weeks to let you take the weekend off. Not only that, but you were only in Tampa for the night, then it was back to Mulwaukee first thing in the morning.

"Ready to go, babe?" Christian asks you, stepping out of the bathroom after changing into his bathing suit. You two had planned on going to the pool before the beach.

Sticking out your bottom lip to pout, you extend your arm and point to the window, gesturing your boyfriend to look outside. Taking long strides across the room, he finally sees what caused you to be in such a bad mood.

Pulling out his phone to check the weather, Christian tells you that there is a 90% chance of rain but only a 2% chance of lightning. You saw no point in going outside, but the baseball player had different plans.

Grabbing you by your arm, Yelich pulls you off of the white covers of the bed to your feet. Without giving you a choice, he grabs your hand, the room key, a couple of towels, and leads out outside the door of the room.

You drag behind him to protest, but the professional athlete was just too strong. After exiting the elevator that brought you to the ground floor of the extravagant hotel, Christian leads you to the pool.

"Christian?" You question as he leaves you standing on the wet and cold cement next to the pool as he walks over to the bar. You can hear him mumble a few things to the bartender before he turns his head to wink at you.

Returning to you with two pina coladas in his hands, he sets them down onto a glass table next to two chairs along with your belongings.

You start to sit down on one of the plastic chairs when your boyfriend grabs you and pulls you over his shoulder. You can feel his feet start to move beneath him until you two are suspended in mid-air and you know exactly what he was planning.

Feeling the rush of cold water envelop you and your significant other, you begin to paddle to the surface, in need air after having the wind knocked out of you.

Popping your head out of the water and wiping the chlorine from your eyes, you wait until Yelich does the same only seconds later. You exchange smiles and you give him a few kisses on his scruffy cheek before he exits the pool to grab the drinks for you two.

Even though you weren't going to get a tan and the water in the pool was so cold it was bitter, you wouldn't trade this moment for the world. With Christian, you felt safe and loved, even though he loved to push you out of your comfort zone.