~ 13 ~

"Hey guys, my name is Michelle Johnson and welcome back to Off the Diamond. Today we are here with Christian Yelich and his girlfriend, (Y/N). In a few short moments, the couple will help us get to know them by playing the shoe game. Now please enjoy this message from our sponsors!" The reporter said into the camera with a smile on her face, revealing her perfectly white teeth.

That's right, you and your boyfriend Christian are in the middle of an interview with the sports TV show, Off the Diamond. You had this day written on your calendar for months, trying your best to prepare for your first ever live interview. This didn't help your nerves, though. You were an absolute mess on camera, but Christian had insisted you join him today.

The bright red light on the camera disappeared along with Michelle's fake smile. After freshening her heavily applied makeup, she walked across the small closet-like room to introduce herself.

"Hi, I'm Michelle." She addressed in a confident and bubbly voice, extending her arm to you.

"(Y/N)." You respond with a simper, accepting her firm handshake. She lengthens her arm to Christian and he accepts.

"So," She continues, clapping her hands in front of her face, "you guys are going to play something we call the shoe game. The rules are that you two are going to take off your shoes and give the right one to the other person. We are going to ask you a series of questions and you will raise the shoe of the person who you think it applies most to. This will be a fun way for our viewers and fans to get to know you."

"Sounds like fun." Christian responds, untying the laces on his black tennis shoes. You mirror him, sliding the two-inch beige heels off of your feet. You trade the shoe that belongs on your right food with your boyfriends.

Michelle smiles at the sight of you two of you obeying the rules of the game and motions for you to stand up. She leads you into another small room with two plastic chairs in the middle, facing away from each other. You and your boyfriend each take the seat opposite from each other and Michelle returns to a barstool behind the camera and lights.

"You guys ready?" She asks even though you really don't have a choice.

"Yeah." You and Yelich both respond simultaneously, readying yourselves for the series of questions.

The bright lights from the camera turn on and a red sign next to the door of the room lights up that says "Airing". Michelle explains the rules of the game to the viewers from behind the camera while straightening a stack of white notecards in her hands that have the questions written on them.

"Ok, the first question is who is older." Michelle asks the two of you and you raise your boyfriend's smelly shoe into the air. You feel movement from the chair behind you, telling you that even though you can't see him, your boyfriend has locked in his answer.

"Alright, it looks like you both agree that Christian is older." Michelle beamed again,

"Next question, when you first met, who made the first move." You freeze at the forthrightness of the question, realizing how quickly the questions were escalating. Knowing the answer, you once again raise Christian's shoe.

"Who is the better driver?" You switch it up and raise your own shoe high above your head in confidence. This earned some laughs from the cameramen and crew, knowing that you and your boyfriend were in disagreement.

"Ok, who is smarter?" After feeling a bit more comfortable in front of the cameras, you think for a few seconds and raise your heel. Turning your head to peek at Christian answer, you see that he agreed.

"Alright, who is better at cooking." You raise your boyfriend's evil-smelling shoe after remembering that you almost burnt down the house last week while trying to make popcorn. You chuckle at the thought.

"Who is the better dresser?" You and Christian both laugh at the question, nearly doubling over. You raise both of the shoes over your head and turn your head to see that your boyfriend raised his own shoe, leaving yours in his lap.

You scoff and earn a giggle from Michelle. "Who wears the pants in your relationship?" Your arm shoots up in the air without giving it a second thought. You raise your own shoe high above your head and Christian does the same.

"Alright, last question. Who is better at keeping secrets?" Christian quickly raises his arm but you are still in thought, considering the question. You tell your boyfriend absolutely everything, so you had no secrets from him. But on the flip side, Christian has no problem telling anyone what's on his mind. You come to the conclusion that you are quieter so you raise your own shoe.

Christian turns his head and stares at your shoe in disbelief. His mouth was left agape for a few seconds and Michelle snickers in anticipation of what is about to happen. "I beg to differ." He finally says and you drop your arms to your side.

"Oh, please." You respond in a very snarky voice.

"Wanna make a bet?" He challenged and you finally turn to face him to rebuttal his comment. You stop dead in your tracks when you see your boyfriend down on one knee with a box holding the most luxurious ring you've ever seen in his hand.

"(Y/N), will you marry me?"

"Hell yes!" You respond on live television and your fiance slides the huge gemstone onto your left ring finger. He lifts himself to his feet and invites you into a bone-crushing hug, both of you grinning from ear to ear.