CHAPTER 5: Once Again.....An Ass!

RACINE

Okay, so I don't know what this guys deal is other than to TRY and make this trip miserable for me, but unfortunately for him, I'm going to just put on my headphones and listen to music the rest of the way, maybe even take a nap as well while pretending this is all just a really bad dream.

It doesn't take long for me to actually fall asleep and thankfully I had set an alarm on my fitbit to go off when the plane was several minutes from landing, although of course, I had to change that time seeing as to how we were late taking off.

When I awoke, my music was off and I next turned off the alarm on my watch and sat up a little more then noticed I had a blanket over me. It must be from the plane but I don't remember asking for one.

As I put away my earbuds, I look over and see The jerk off still sitting there and messaging someone. Which not that I was looking or anything like he did when I was reading earlier but he still was able to notice as he finishes texting.

"Somebody is eavesdropping." I hear him joke and then put his phone away and looks at me with a smirk.

"Whatever. I didn't see anything." I tell him.

"Did you sleep good?" He asks me.

"Not that it's any of your business but I did." I replied.

"How much longer until we land?" I asked.

"Another hour." He says.

"What? That's impossible. We only had one stop and we should be there in like ten minutes." I tell him as I look down at my watch at the time.

"Yes well, it took a little longer to fuel up at the last stop." He states.

"Great." I rolled my eyes. "Shit." I say under my breath. "Was that your doing as well?" I ask him annoyed while taking out my phone to message Levi and let him know what's going on.

"No." He rolls his eyes as he looks at me. "Like I said, it had to do with them taking forever in fueling." He repeats.

Levi texted me back letting me know it was okay because there wasn't gonna be a dinner until tomorrow night when all of his family would be there. Their flights got delayed.

While putting away my phone, I next try and see what I can do to pass the time while trying to still ignore Mr. Jerkoff next to me. Because I'm not tired and of course I had used up all my battery on my MP3 for it not to work. Then I looked back down at the blanket on my lap and wondered about something.

"Did you give me this blanket? Or was it the stewardess?" I asked him.

"I did." He tells me without looking at me and tried saying it under his breath.

I take a minute to comprehend that he did that much of a nice gesture when the start of us trying to get to know each other was really bad.

"Thank you." I tell him.

He then looks at me and smiles a little.

"You're welcome." He replies.

We share a couple moments of silence.

"You know, since there's an hour we have to kill, maybe we can start over." I suggest although I'm not sure in why I would even suggest something like that.

"Okay." He agrees and then turns a little to face me.

"Alright. I'll go first. My name is Racine." I introduce myself and hold put my hand.

"Wade." He replies with a kind smile as he shakes my hand.

"It's nice to meet you." I tell him.

"Nice to meet you too." He replies.

"So, Wade, what do you do for a living?" I began.

"I actually work in the airline industry." He smirks.

"Really? Like you own your own airline? Or are you more behind the scenes? Or part of the TSA?" I ask kind of curious.

"A little of both." He replies.

Before I could ask him what he meant by that, he beats me to it and asks me what I did.

"And what about you?" He asks me.

"I am a freelance Makeup Artist/Hair Stylist and photographer." I tell him laughing a little at the end.

"Wow, very ambitious. That's cool." He says.

"Thank you. Yeah, I liked all of them and didn't want to do just one. So now I have my own studio and hoping to run a clothing line someday also." I tell him.

Why would I share all of that with him? ESPECIALLY with it being him?!

"Nothing wrong with doing what you love. And you shouldn't have to choose just one." He says.

"Right." I reply surprised that he replied that way.

"Well, your seems interesting." I tell him.

"Eh, it's alright. I mean, I love what I do, don't get me wrong, but it's more part of a family tradition. Has its perks of course but is kind of stressful when you try to put out some good ideas and keep getting shut down because you aren't at the right 'Title' for that." He chuckles to himself.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Well, whatever you do, don't give up." I try to encourage him.

"Thanks." He smiles at me again.

We end up both talking the rest of the ride up until we land and he doesn't seem extremely all that bad. Although we hadn't gotten to telling one another in why we were both going to the Bahamas. Even though I'm sure for him, he goes here all the time with him and his family owning an airline and all.

After grabbing my luggage, I next started walking out front and while on my way, I had noticed Wade, standing off to the side, talking to a girl that looked like a supermodel and they both seemed to be flirting with each other.

Next I notice him taking her hand and seeing them walk out to a nice car that had the driver standing beside it, holding the door opened for them before they got in.

Okay, why the hell do I care? Why do I get the feeling of even jealousy? I just met the guy who happens to be a jerk off and obviously a huge player. Maybe he was even trying to tell me the things he did in hopes I'd sleep with him or something. Wow, that's how he picks up girls huh?

Well not this girl. I guess it doesn't matter anyways because I doubt we will be seeing each other any time soon.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)