CHAPTER 12: What's Wrong?!?

WADE

Oh my god, I haven't eaten that much in a long ass time. I had not expected to even do an eating contest at all, but my good friend who happened to be hosting a eating competition and who I used to compete against back when I did that. I just had to accept his invite.

It was hard at the beginning though because I had not done it for so long but just knowing Racine was in the front, watching me, I ate through the pain and ignored how quickly I got full and the struggle all together.

I'm really happy that I got Racine to go out with me tonight. In fact, beforehand I had asked Levi if it was okay to miss tonight's event with his parents and a few others. Though he beat me to it and told me that both Racine and I should go out and not come tonight because he didn't want us to 'suffer' through his and Neil's families little drunk conversations that I know all too well are embarrassing most of the time.

I was just finishing getting ready and putting on my watch when I hear a knock at the door. When I went to answer it I was surprised to see it was Levi.

"Hey." I greet him.

"Hey. Wow, you look sexy." He winks at me.

"Why thank you." I laugh a little bit while having him come inside.

"I'll keep this short cause you're taking Racine out on a date soon, but I felt I should drop by real quick and tell you some things." He begins.

"Okay...?" I replied confused and yet worried at what he was about to tell me.

"Listen, don't tell Racine I even told you all this but, she has built a wall around herself. Neil and I have been the only ones to break them down. She hasn't had the best of luck with people, mostly with guys. They've always treated her like shit. Since school, she had been asked out a few times as a joke or some of them were embarrassed to say they were with her. Then when my cousin, Timothy, asked her out...." He pauses and looks like he's starting to fight back tears.

"Again, I don't know what went wrong but something did and she still won't tell me. I've felt guilty ever since cause I was the one who had set them up. Anyways, just promise me something." He says.

"Yeah." I ask under my breath.

"Promise me that no matter what, you won't hurt her, physically and emotionally. She's been through enough of both to last her a lifetime. And I swear if I ever found out you did either one, I'd feed you to the sharks." He says with a serious look and tone.

"Fair enough. And I promise, I won't hurt her. I am really interested in her." I assure him.

"Good." He says. "Well, I better be going. Text us later to let us know how it went." He winks at me as he opens the door and leaves.

When the door shut, I looked down at my watch real quick as I began realizing I was gonna be late at meeting up with her. So I started hurrying in making my way out to the front where there was a nice car waiting for us.

Although when I got outside, I didn't see her anywhere. At first I thought that maybe it's just her being a girl and being 'fashionably late' as they like to call taking their time.

I waited almost half an hour and when I still hadn't seen her, I started thinking that maybe she was standing me up or that she had even forgotten. Either way, I needed to know the true answer before jumping to my own conclusions.

The problem with that however was the fact that I didn't know which bungalow she was staying in and I couldn't interrupt Levi and Neil for this. So the only other option was to try and get the guy at the front desk to tell me.

Once I told him who I was, he looked it up and I started making my way towards there. Which come to find out, she's just several huts down from me.

The minute I got to her door, I needed to take a deep breath and let it out before knocking. Then after that, I waited a moment before I saw the door open and when I saw her, my heart sank as it looked as though she had been crying?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)