Chapter 22: Greenlight

Madison flew back to Nashville the next morning. She had let Kasey know if she could get to Daytona for the race and wondered why out of all the races, that one was the one he wanted her to come to the most. She walked into work that morning. "Good morning Madison" Sherry said. Madison nodded and got to work on her next project. "How was California?" Sherry asked now standing in her doorway. "It was great" she said typing away at a new press release for the Top 20 countdown for this weekend. "So Sherry is there anything big happening this weekend?" Madison asked. "Well all the July 4th activities" she said. "Kasey was wondering if I could make it down to Daytona for the race and I told him I didn't know with everything that happens around here" she said. "Go ahead and go. There might be things going on in Nashville, but nothing big including CMT" Sherry said. Madison smiled and texted Kasey that she could make it this weekend.

She scheduled her flight for early Friday morning so she could get to the track in time to see Kasey. The week couldn't go by fast enough. While packing that Thursday night, she remembered something from the last time she was with Kasey. "Heather, Kasey's acting weird" Madison said as they sat on their balcony. "Why do you say that?" she asked taking a sip of wine. "I don't know something just tells me he's up to something..."
She came back to reality and zipped up her suitcase. Kasey was on the plane for Daytona. He couldn't wait for Madison to join him because he was going to do something he should have done a long time ago. He pulled the ring out of his bag and looked at it. A beautiful 5 carat cushion diamond with diamonds in the band stared back at him. "What happened?" Kale asked as Kasey came walking back into their apartment. "She broke up with me...again" he said sitting on the couch. "I know it's hard, but why are you so upset?" Kale asked. Kasey walked into his room and came back out with a box. "Oh no" he said realizing what it was. "So soon?" he asked. "She has meant everything to me for years and I didn't feel the need to wait" he said closing the box. Madison flew out early Friday morning. She had texted Kasey letting him know she was on her way and that she would see him later. Madison sat her seat back and put her headphones on as she couldn't wait to get to him. Kasey was heading to practice when she texted him. "Madison is on her way" he said as he and Lisa walked into the garage. "Are you going to do it tonight?" Lisa asked. "Yes, everything is planned."

A couple of hours later and one short car ride to the speedway, Madison went in to meet Kasey. She walked into the garage and to the hauler. She saw Lisa and walked over. "Hey" she said approaching her. "Hi Madison" she said. "Kasey is inside come with me" she said motioning her inside the hauler. Madison followed Lisa down the long hall way and to the lounge where Kasey was on his phone. "Madison" he said excitingly. He got up and kissed her. "I'll leave you two" she said. "I'm so glad you're here" he said. "Me too" she replied as he brushed a piece of hair out of her face. Kasey leaned in as his soft lips met hers. "I can't keep doing this much longer" he said. "What?" she asked taken aback. "Spending time apart from you" he said. Later that day after qualifying had ended; Madison and Kasey were relaxing in his motorhome watching the Xfinity race. Madison was sitting on the couch on her iPad, glancing up every so often as the cars zoomed around the track. Kasey was sitting in the chair across from her, not being able to take his eyes off of her. A big wreck happened on TV and Madison looked up from her iPad. "You know, I don't know how you guys do it" she said. "What do you mean?" Kasey asked. "Being able to run your car in such a close proximity to the other cars" she said. "It is nerve-wracking, but sometimes it's an adrenaline rush" he said. She smiled at him and he looked at her. "Madison would you want to go to the beach?" he asked. "Sure" she said. She grabbed her sandals and followed Kasey into the night to the car.