𝐨𝐧𝐞

ミ☆ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞!

ミ☆ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞!

It was almost completely silent in the two bedroom apartment located in Los Angeles. The only noise that filled the air was the quiet hum of the air conditioner which kept the apartment cool even though no one was home. The two girls who lived there had gone out for the day and forgotten to turn off the ac before leaving.

The thin walls of the apartment allowed a faint ding! to be heard from the inside. The elevator had stopped on floor nine and automatically opened its doors to let the person inside step out before closing again and going to the next person waiting for the elevator.

Heels clicking against the cool floor tiles as she walked to her door, Talia Layhton took her apartment keys out of her purse and unlocked it. She walked through the door and went to turn on the ac, only to notice it had already been on for hours. Muttering an "oops" under her breath and shrugging her shoulders, Talia put her things away and plugged her phone in to charge on her bedside table.

Not planning to go out for the rest of the day, the fair skinned blonde changed out of her jeans and into a pair of comfy sleep shorts. She grabbed her laptop and fell lazily onto the comfort of her bed. Shortly after Talia begins watching Netflix, she heard the front door open and the familiar voice of her roommate, Claire Harris.

"Talia, I brought food!" Claire shouted from the kitchen.

The mentioned girl quickly closed her laptop and walked out of her bedroom. Inhaling the delicious smell coming from the kitchen, Talia thanked Claire before helping herself to the take out her roommate bought.

"How was your day?" Talia asked before she took a bite of her in and out burger.

Gulping down a sip of her strawberry milkshake, Claire exclaimed, "Don't get me started! Professor Blake was horrible today, he was even grouchier than usual. Sometimes I wish I didn't choose to go to college like you, Talia."

Talia laughed but still told her, "If you don't go to college, you can't become a teacher! Kids need someone like you teaching them, not someone like Professor Blake."

"Aw, you're right. Thanks bitch, I love you! How about you? What'd you do today?" Claire asked.

Before Talia could answer, the familiar tune of her ring tone interrupted them.

"Hang on. I'll be right back," Talia said to Claire before she strolled into her room where her phone was charging.

The caller's ID was illuminated by her phone screen in the dark bedroom. Talia picked up after she saw that it was her manager, Michelle Brinley, who had called.

"Hello?" Talia answered.

"Talia! I just got contacted by the people at Billboard. They want you to be a presenter at the Billboard Music Awards this year in Las Vegas, are you down?" Her manager asked, causing Talia's jaw to drop at the opportunity.

"Y-yes! Of course I am," Talia gasped.

"Great, I'll send you the details! Take care," Michelle said before she hung up.

"Oh my god," Talia unbelievably let out under her breath.

"Claire! You won't believe this," Talia squealed excitedly as she ran back to the kitchen.

Claire looked up from her phone and raised her eyebrows at her roommate who was practically jumping for joy, "What is it?"

"I'm going to be presenting at the Billboard Music Awards!" Talia cheerfully squealed.

"No way! That's so exciting, oh my god!" Claire gasped, joining her best friend in celebrating by jumping around all over their apartment.

ミ☆

i'm so hyped for this book aH
this chapter was mostly a lil introduction to Talia and her roommate, Claire + setting the stage for how Talia is gonna meet Daniel hehe