𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

ミ☆ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭!

"So are you dating anyone Talia?"

"Dad!"

"What? I'm just asking!"

Everyone sitting at the makeshift dining table, that Talia and Claire had pushed two completely mismatched tables together to create, was laughing, sharing stories, and just catching up as they ate Christmas dinner.

Talia and Claire's families had started celebrating Christmas together since the two became best friends. Both Talia and Claire were the only child of the family so having six people get together every year was one of the best parts of the year for both the Layhton and Harris family.

"Well, are you going to answer your father?" Talia's mom asked playfully.

"If you don't, I will!" Claire joked, making Talia grumble and glare as she scrunched her nose at her best friend.

"So you do have a new boyfriend!" the adults at the table gasped.

"Okay, okay! Yes, I do. His name is Daniel," the blonde girl admitted with a bright smile.

Just telling her family that made her heart flutter and whole body warm with joy.

Both Talia's parents and Claire's parents replied by making an "ooouu" sound, which made Talia's face flush pink.

"How did you meet him?" Claire's mom asked.

"It was all thanks to me," Claire exclaimed nonchalantly.

"Sure honey," Claire's dad chuckled.

"No, it really was!" Claire playfully glared at her dad for not believing her, making everyone laugh at her antics.

"Anyways," Talia spoke, "We didn't actually meet for a while. He knew me from my music and instagram..."

As Talia told her parents and her second family (Claire's, if that wasn't clear) all about Daniel, she gushed on and on about how wonderful he was.

Everyone in the room was some of the most important people in her life and Talia was immensely grateful of their approval and reaction.

"He sounds amazing honey," Talia's mom smiled.

"Yes, as long he doesn't break your heart!" Claire's mom added.