16:

Benelli:

"So when I asked you about fancy rooms in your house you failed to mention you have a library with a balcony that overlooks all these trees."

He rubbed a hand through his hair as I examined his empty book shelves, "I didn't think it was very fancy I don't even come in here a lot all I do is sit out on the balcony sometimes and do work."

"You need to get some books in here."

"Well I don't exactly read a lot so there would be no use."

"I guess you're right, but why would you get a library if you don't read."

I turned to see him shrug as I wiped the dust off the shelf, "I don't know I used to read when I was younger and I was going to try and get back into it, but I just don't have time or really the will."

"When is the last time you read a book?"

"I don't know."

"Well do you know what the last book you read was."

"Do magazines count."

I glared shaking my head at him and he laughed wrapping his arms around me from behind and kissing my cheek, "I'm kidding, I think the last book I read was titled Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill."

I got up on my tip toes trying to see if I could reach the top shelf though I knew I couldn't as it went up to the ceiling, "isn't that a business book though?"

"Yeah my father made me read it, though I suspect it was my mother's doing and she knew I'd do it if dad were to ask me."

"Have you never just read a book for the enjoyment and the emotional rollercoasters they put you on."

"Why would I want to be on a emotional rollercoaster."

"I don't know, to remind you that you're a human with emotions and even though if things are shit it'll all come together in the end."

"Well thanks for the cliche statement, but I think I'd rather not. Now come on there's something else I want to show you and this is going to blow your mind."

He grabbed my hand taking me out of the library and then out the back door and off the porch Bozzie ran down following us he smiled leading me down what looked like a pathway, "Alright close your eyes we're getting close."

I closed my eyes stopping and then I heard him yell, "are you coming slow poke!"

"You just told me to close my eyes how can I walk without you guiding me, great thinking Sherlock."

I heard him laugh before I felt him wrap a hand over my eyes and place his other at my hip, "Alright just walk with me I got you."

I walked and we took a couple of turns until he moved his hand, "okay open your eyes."

I opened my eyes to see a tree house, it was old and I could tell it was definitely not something I see Oliver saying would blow my mind. I looked around for something else that he could be talking about, "what are you talking about the tree house?"

He smiled nodding, "Yeah I mean it's broken but it's beautiful right?"

I laughed looking at it, "Yeah, but it looks unstable."

He shrugged walking up to the stairs, "it's not though here come on."

He walked over to the ladder coming down from the tree house and began to climb so I followed him up. When I got to the top he grabbed my hand pulling me up and we walked inside there was glass on the floors of it since the window had been broken. I looked around to see it's bookshelf broken and book pages torn out of the book on the floor and some plastered to the ceiling. I looked up and smiled it looked kind of cool, "what happened here."