Ten Times Fold

In mid heat of the day, during the hottest hour of June I sat in my own pool of sweat waiting for the so called "handyman" to come

In mid heat of the day, during the hottest hour of June I sat in my own pool of sweat waiting for the so called "handyman" to come. At this rate I didn't believe that he was so handy. Residences of S-Class appartments call him everyday and he only shows his face once for a few hours. The last handyman I've seen in these apartments was my landlords husband and ever since they've been through the divorce he stopped fixing this place up. It's been a nonstop sweat fest in my home since the ac blew out, my landlord says that it'll come back on and to just "give it time". I hate to get ugly but BITCH ITS HOT!

Have you ever taken a bath to wash off the sweat and filth of you just to get out of the tub sweaty? I don't believe that fresh bath sweat is clean! And thats why i demand that the landlord send the handyman to my apartment ASAP! Or we're gonna have problems.

Between the power blackouts to the constant broken items in this complex I just knew that the new handyman wasn't gonna show up. They call him "Ten" because he takes at least 10 hours to fix whatever you have wrong.  I know we exaggerate but still he takes FOREVER! There's various amounts of things needed to be done around here I don't think this is a for one man job. He stays in the first apartment below mine, yet i've never seen him. For a young guy he keeps to himself a little too often.

I think I ought to pay him a visit RIGHT NOW!

Normally when i'm at someone's home i try to be nice, polite, and petite

Normally when i'm at someone's home i try to be nice, polite, and petite. Careful not to take too much time, or to take up too many space, to be calm and mannered like.

Yea, well all that shit went out the window when I got to apartment  A26. I let my heavy hand sink into the matte black door nearly knocking it off the frame.

"What the-" the pale mid height man spat sizing me up and down.
"Mr. Ten! I've called you for about 14 times! When are you going to fix my ac? It's so hot, all the furniture in my house is melting!" I lead straight to the point not delaying one detail.

"Well someone must have cheap furniture then?" He scoffed while putting a cigarette to his plush red lips.

I rolled my eyes before replying to his smarts remark.
"Shelia told me to give you message. That message was...if you don't fix my shit you will be paying rent like the rest of us!"  I enunciated with pure attitude.

His chest heaved heavily before exhaling his frustration and asked which residence. Once I told him the apartment number he stepped back and flicked his cigarette the opposite direction of where i was standing.

"Well I can't come without an appointment.." he smiled politely and closed the door.
"WAIT, WHAT!" I exasperated banging on the door. I gave up as i grew tired the heat died down a single breeze ran by me giving me hope.

"I might as well live outside because at least i'll get a breeze!" I shouted towards the apartment door.
Shortly after my tantrum a heatwave stretched across the Texan sky shaking the visuals of distance. I unclothed myself to my wife beater and ditched the bra, the less clothing the cooler I became. Pulling out a popsicle from my ice box I attempted to cool down since it was night time and no one would be coming over.
Before I could make it to my bedroom to lay down , a light knock was at my door. My landlords banging like the police . That asshole downstairs probably reported me .

I swung the door open prepared to cuss her ass out! Proceeding to walk back into my home

 You know you should really fire that Asshole Ten, he doesn't even know how to do his job properly

You know you should really fire that Asshole Ten, he doesn't even know how to do his job properly. We're the last words I shouted before quickly walking back to get another popsicle.

She didn't say a word...

She didn't make a peep..

Because it wasn't her!

I turned to find a shocked Mr. Ten. I was flabbergasted "Before or after he fixes your broken AC." He smirked while I began to mix words and thoughts in my mind failing to comprehend if they're announced out-loud or in my head. I mean I know how harsh things can get, but for me to say that to his face? I feel so embarrassed.

"I'm sorry!" I blurted.

"Actually, you know what i'm not..." i corrected myself.

"You sure know how to make up your mind, huh?" He says while stepping foot into my home. I began to sweat more under pressure making my clothes stick to my body.

I didn't have to guide him to anything because it's not his first dog and pony show I made it clear to him that when I return from my shower that I wanted my ac on.

There was a loud bang in my living room and then panic groaning. I turned off the shower so that I could hear what was going on, but all that was resonate was screaming, grunting, and shuffling. I wrapped myself into a towel and bolted to the living room to see what's all the commotion about.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" I shouted as I got closer to get a better look at the quick motion thing coming from the ceiling panel.

Ten tried to calm down and asked for me to give him a hand. He asked me to hold onto the door the ceiling panel so it wouldn't close on him. It wasn't that long before he reached his hand down for a tool that my towel fell. I tried to grip and hold it with my armpits, but it had other plans.

(Raven here 🥰 I'm quarantined and bored)