Chapter 9

The next hour or so consisted of the both of them posting a picture of themselves on Snapchat, continuing to play against each other, even branching out to Minecraft at one point, and just a tiny bit of kissing.

Neither of them wanted to push it, given they don't know each other at all and only been around each other for a couple of hours.

It felt nice to be kissed, so Lisa ignored the gnawing in her chest that longed for it to be a set of plumper, pinker lips, belonging to someone else.

She ignored it so much, she didn't think about it as often by the end of their "date."

"Thank you for this." Lisa smiled, standing in the doorway and looking at Dahyun, who had Yeo in one arm. "I had a great time."

"Me too. See you next time?" Dahyun asked cautiously, shifting back and forth on her feet.

Lisa leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on Dahyun's cheek.

She was trying.

"See you next time."

Once she left, she sat in her car for a moment, her thoughts running wild.

Dahyun was nice. She was easy to get along with. She did a goofy dance that made Lisa laugh every time she got a win over her in Overwatch. Her cat was a sweetheart. Dahyun made sure there was enough time between every kiss in case Lisa no longer consented and needed to pull away.

It was easy.

And even for a little while, it made her forget.

Over the next few weeks, Dahyun and Lisa were attached to each other. They seldom let their affection show, only occasionally grasping each other's hands or doing small things like Dahyun tucking a strand of hair behind Lisa's hair. They both wanted to avoid being teased.

Lisa would notice Dahyun burying her head in her phone, like she was hiding something, and she assumed it was texts from Momo.

She really wished it bothered her.

Jisoo was extremely happy for herself, even enough to commonly make remarks about how she brought them together and how cute they were.

Jennie looked at Rosé every time Jisoo said something, like they were sharing a secret and she wanted to make sure it would stay put.

Seulgi and Joy suggested double dates.

Dahyun agreed.

Rosé didn't talk much anymore and Lisa hated it more than anything. She genuinely missed her bubbly laugh- the voice that made her cheeks warm anytime it rang throughout the room. She would excuse herself if possible, Jennie sometimes following her.

Lisa wanted to so badly, she really did.

She just assumed Rosé was tired and busy. After all, she had many solos she had to work on. She must be spending hours working on that.

It was just a lot of bathroom breaks.

Lisa was alone in her room for the first time in awhile, the plans with her friends and whatever Dahyun was keeping her busy to the point she was only there to sleep.

It felt good to smell the lavender and fabric softener for more than an hour.

Her eyes were even closed, taking in how good her head felt against her cold pillow and warm sheets.

Yet, that didn't last long, her phone buzzing beside her.

She groaned, picking it up lazily.

parkchae97 is typing...