Chapter 1

1st Person Pov

Today was the big day. My interview with Ogai Mori was going to begin in the matter of minutes. I can feel my body shiver from the idea of being caught as a government spy. I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen. However, what do you do in an interview? What will he ask about? My past maybe? Anyways I shouldn't worry about it too much. Diamonds are created under pressure after all. It'll all work out in the end. Hopefully.

"Come in."

I heard a voice say. It wasn't particularly low but it did really somewhat reassuring. I guess that's the perks of being a doctor for so long. Ah, remember. My character! Cheerful and bright was it? Maybe a little sadistic was it? That wouldn't be bad and quite good for a person in the mafia. However it might attract needless attention. Eh, who cares. And remember to smile. I put on a relax smile as I readied myself.

I entered through the doors, pushing open the large wooden platforms that were decorated in underlying tones of both royalty and dark ambitions. I eyed the man across the room. It was definitely him. "Good morning Ogai Mori--"

I heard him laugh. "Just call me Mori-san or Boss. Something shorting and not a mouthful would be great."

I nodded, smiling brightly. "Boss it is~"

He smiled as he rested his hand on a file of papers. "[S Surname] [S Name]-kun, was it?"

"Yes, Boss"

"Then [S Surname]-kun," He eyed me in delight. "what is your reason you joined Port Mafia?"

"My reason?" I said, tilting my head and laying my chin onto my hand. "Well, I guess I'm bored?"

"Oh, is that all?" He says.
"Of course not~" I laughed. "Revenge mostly."

"Revenge is a fine reason," I could see pity in his eyes. "however when joining the mafia, you are committing crimes as well. I think you are smart enough to understand the rest of the reasons why joining the mafia could be problematic."

"Yes. I know," I said. "it was my parent's dying wish before their death. I would be satisfied just knowing who the murderer is. Though I would like the person to suffer some kind of punishment. Death would be great~"

"Interesting." He smirked widely. His eyes sparked in amusement. I guess he was entertained with that answer. "Very well, I'll accept you in the mafia. For that, I'll help introduce you to someone."

He eyed the door behind me. "Dazai-kun, come in would you?"

I turn to eye the door. A few seconds later, a young boy entered the room and stood beside Ogai. By comparison, he seemed a little taller than me, by 15cms at least . He wore a white dress shirt with a black tie. This was paired with a pair of black slacks and a pair of sleek leather shoes. There was a huge coat that seemed to be a size or 2 too big for him. A few small noticeable details were a patch on the left side of his cheek, his right side of his hand was wrapped by clean bandages and both his arms and neck was wrapped by the same bandages. How strange. Is he suicidal? I could feel myself frown a little.

"[S Surname]-kun meet Dazai--"

"[S Surname]-san, correct?"

I heard the boy said, interrupting Ogai. He had quite the voice. It was soft yet stern. He matches up with the boy in the report. Ogai's right hand man-- also known as Dazai Osamu. A 15 year old child that Ogai had taken him under his wing. "Yes?"

"Why are you staring at me?"

Was I staring that long? I gave him a closed eye smile. "I was just thinking why a handsome young man like you seem to be part of the mafia~"

I open my eyes to see his reaction. It's important to get close to Ogai's right hand. Ogai's important and therefore he is too. He might know something that the government doesn't. That would be great for my report. His face burned a light cherry coating before he turn away from me. He fell silent to my response.

I grinned at the way the male's reaction. Not bad [Name], not bad. I could hear Ogai laugh, earning a small whine from the younger male beside him. This mission doesn't seem too bad.