Chapter 19

1st Person POV

I were hanging up the balloons as Dazai tied them up in little colonies. Despite how he says he doesn't like Chuuya at all, he really is going all out for ginger.

"Here [S Surname]-san"

"Ah, thanks."

Yet another balloon hung up at the pipes on the side. In the corner of my eyes I saw a raven fly into sight. It was carrying something on it's back. Ah, the government's messenger ravens. They are usually sent for collecting reports and distributing plans that could effect the mission on hand.

I watched it circle the sky above the warehouse I was in as I tied another balloon. I was reminded the position I was in and needed a way out. Quick and fast. I silently edge the ladder below me, tilting it enough so I would fall at any moment. Now I just needed a distraction. I watch the boy grab a couple strings of balloons, his back turned away from me. I tilted a bit more backwards as I could feel the ladder collapse beneath me. I felt the rush of adrenaline as in mid flight, I could see the boy already running to me. My eyes widened. Was he always this fast?

I closed my eyes, bracing for impacted. It was either him or the ground. There was barely much of an impact that felt shattering. I knew from that height, I could easier brush it off. But will that be enough to somehow let myself out of this room?But even with my eyes closed, I had a feeling of dread knowing he caught me. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him, leaving almost any no existent space between the 2 of us.

"That was a close 1, would you not say [S Surname]-san?"

I open my eyes. I stare at the boy somewhat surprise. I was getting away with no punishment—that same Dazai that would fondly give. He most definitely should know that under any circumstance would I fall without intending it. He would never act this way with his subordinates. Was he sick?

"Yeah, thanks." I respond, laughing it off. I tried to act not as shocked as I am now but honestly it was hard not to. "I appreciate it very much, Dazai-kun."

"Ah," He mumbles quietly, eyes narrowed on to me. "If you really feel the need to be thank me..."

He inches closer towards my face. I could feel the blood rise into my face as he inches slowly closer to my ear. I could see him testing the waters, if I would be uncomfortable. I nearly snap. Almost sent in an outrage of wanting to push and isolate myself for years to come of human interaction yet I could hear the blasting tune that my heart produced. It was unnatural. I could get drunk off this feeling—so warm and so addicting. So inviting yet so frightening.

I could feel his hot breath fizzy around my ear. I wanted to cower in fear. It gave me this strange and unsettling feeling that made its way down my spine. I gnaw the bottom of my lips, somehow able to psyche myself up to want to continue what he was going to do.

"...I have something in mind you can help me with, [Surname]."

It was hard to swallow. I knew there were a few possibilities about what he meant. It could be similar to what he intended it to be—something based on his own debauchery that probably only he knew about it. It could also be the complete opposite—more based on intent and less his own desire. He was also knew for that too. I frown. He was hard to read now but honestly, I'm scared of a future where he would be more discreet. He's already deadly enough. Even if he won't admit it, 15 is still an impressionable age—he's still a kid—but the moment he gets older, he'll change. What he'll change to, only time will tell what road he'll take.

He closes in towards my face. I could feel myself somewhat relieved but still as meek as ever. He just wants a kiss. He decided to start off soft. I couldn't help but to smile at this. I guess he was still just a kid and not too messed up in the head.