Chapter 12

1st Person POV

I seated the ginger on the chair. Inside the Mori's room, there laid a single chair that face adjacent to the Mori's deck. His curls brushes against me. I scan his face as I move his hair away from me. It was my first time that I scan his face in details before. I remember how his eyes gleamed with phosphorescence. He looked exotic. Orange hair. Blue eyes. A sharp jawline. It really didn't seem that he was Japanese despite his vivid comments and linguistics. You really didn't see many people that looked like him. Perhaps he was half Japanese-half foreigner? My face burned as I adjusted in him in place. I quicken my pace as completed it in a few seconds or so.

"Thank you [S Surname]-kun." Mori said. His eyes were closed and a sly smile spread across his face. "But I'm afraid you have to leave. This meeting is between me and him. But can you tell Dazai-kun to come up to join me."

"Yes, Boss" I said, leaving the room. Where Dazai's at...? The medic ward I guess. I turn out the doors to meet eyes with deep grey ones. I scanned the taller and older male. On sight, I already knew, he too was a loony. It was clearly spring and he was wearing something beyond a winter attire. Wasn't he hot in that? I disappeared past him and entered the elevator to the lower floor.

"Good afternoon Randou-kun, I'm glad you can join me this morning." I heard Mori say. Randou...? I guess I'll ask Dazai about it.

"Boss needs you..." I said, peeking my head into the infirmary. I scanned around the room for the boy. The fight honestly didn't seem like it would damage him too much. So it was probably unnecessary to get medical treatment. But yet, perhaps he already left. "Dazai-kun"

"Is that so?" The voice whispered lowly into my ear. I froze. How did he...? Behind me too... Out of instinct, I span around quickly, raising my leg, aiming for his head. My eyes narrowed down at him, facing the younger boy. Fortunately,, for him, he caught it with his arm and he smirked.

"Why did you try to attack me?"

"Was it necessary to whisper directly in my ear?"

"Because I want to"

"I guess our responses are mutual then"

He laughs, knocking my leg away as I scanned him. He had clean bandages on and new addition to his suicidal image too, a cast. I narrowed my eyes on the cast. I don't remember him getting injury around his arm.

"Curious about my cast?"

I turn to face him. His eyes were already looming on me, a little darker than usual. I sighed.

"Nah" I averted my attention from him, resting my hands on my hip. "I want to know who the man dressed in a boutique of winter clothing is. I met him with Boss."

"Oh, that's Randou-san." His eyes were still not the amber jewels I was use to but their scarlet counterpart that only up to now I have witnessed. "He joined Port Mafia a couple years ago."

He pulled me closer to him. He pressed our bodies against the wall behind me, his good hand around my waist, tangled with my fingers. He pressed his forehead against mine as I stare at his lips. My face burned like hot metal. His harrowing smile illuminating towards me. I was losing oxygen, I couldn't breath—no matter how hard I tried. My eyes made their way to his own. I was fearful of the monstrosity I would see if I met eyes with him. But his smile were absolutely beckoning towards them. I unwillingly faced his eyes with mine. In the reflection of his eyes, I could see my own scared expression looking back to me. "You should stay away from him. He's dangerous after all~"

With that, he left. When he was gone in the elevator, I could feel my legs melt. My legs were shaking. I gasped for oxygen, feeling my legs give in as I slid down the wall. I didn't know what to think about that. Was that a warning or a threat in disguised? I didn't know.

I sat in my room. It had been a couple of hours. I yawned, rubbing my eyes. I just finished up my quarterly government report and Port Mafia mission reports. I sighed. There was so much to write about, all due in a short time too. I was also dead tired too. I closed my eyes. Maybe a quick nap would be fine, right. I could feel my body relax on the desk. I should probably—

It was far away, but there was definitely a knock on the furthest door at the main entrance. I hid my government report into the desk drawer's hidden compartment. It was safe like that.

I walk towards the door and saw both Nakahara and Dazai through the small scope lens. I cracked the door open by a bit and stared at them emotionlessly. What did they need?

"It's you!" Nakahara shouted, narrowing his eyes onto me.

"I told you I would bring along a person we both met already." Dazai replies, sighing at the boys antics.

What? I deadpan. When did I ever accept being bought along with whatever they were talking about?

"What do you—"

I covered my mouth, starting to cough violently. I ran to my kitchen, searching in the top covers for a certain container. I could hear footsteps follow me from behind. But I honestly didn't care about that at the moment. I reached for my dosset box, opening the container with its matching day. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Dazai watched emotionlessly from his position. He was unreadable unlike the ginger beside him. An anxious Nakahara staring at me in shock.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing! Help her—Aha! Forget you!" Nakahara entered the kitchen with me. He easily skated around the kitchen grabbing the mug and filling it with water in record timing. He forceful gave it to me. I smiled, wanting to thank the ginger. Instead, I just choked out more blood onto the tiles on the ground. "Here, take it"

"So this is what you mean as in 'I don't have much time left', [S Surname]-san" I heard Dazai say. I swallowed the pill with my water. I could taste the infusion of blood and water going my throat along with the small lozenge. I grind my teeth against each other, lower against upper jaw. The pain was still there. It was really painful. I adjusted my eyes towards the boy. I forced myself to answer his question, knowing it'd break him even more.

"Yeah," You gave him a sad smile. I couldn't help to laugh. But it ended up like a short lived giggle. Very breathy and very broken. "so why do you look so sad like you're about to cry"