Chapter 7

1st Person POV

I could see the man was rattled. He was definitely scared. He was visibly swaying in his seat. He most definitely was trying to confess but he wasn't speaking. I turned over to Dazai who sighed under his breath.

He ripped into another box of leeches, grabbing 1 and rubbing it across the man's face. I could see the gleefulness in his eyes. It shines brightly against the despair that was lingering in the room. He was just jittery of what would happen next.

"I'm not a magician, I can't read your mind." Dazai whispered to the sniper. I could hear him whimper. "You have a mouth, use it. Else you'll be admitting that you'll be fine with these leeches latched onto you."

"Please, no more..." I heard the sniper shaky say. "I'll tell you. So please, no more..."

"Great," He turned to me, handing me a clipboard with some blank line paper slipped into it. "Help me take notes."

I grabbed on to the board and uncapping the pen that was held on a string, tied to the board. "Sure"

"You looked so scared back there"

I looked up from the clipboard. I narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you mean, elaborate."

He grinned, his mask off his face and hanging at his neck. His bloody gloves was still on his hand, since he decided midway that the GSS member needed to tell his story faster. He briefly looked at his hands, unnerved by the blood before turning to me. He stepped forward, leaving the air between us heavy. Each step closer to me. More than I would like it. I frown as he stared down at me. Our difference in height wasn't much, but it was made up by his pressure—his bloodlust.

He traced a straight line across my left cheek. The sniper's blood stained my cheek in it's scent and colour. Quite a bit latched on, so when he removed his hands, the blood dripped downwards my face and accumulated around the edge of my chin. I looked at him confusingly. Why did he do that?

He continued to stare at me with this fascinating expression as if I was his experiment. There was a different glow in the air around him. Something I didn't understand.

"You look quite pulchritudinous."

Pulchritudinous..? I deadpan. I wiped off the excessive blood on my chin with a finger and proceed to do the same as he did. I whipped a quick and messy line across his face. He was comically confused. I laughed at the outcome as he stood there in confusion.

He cupped my face using 1 hand, an annoyed expression on his face. Using his other hand, wrote more messy lines on my face. I stood on his shoes to pin him and did the same. Our little game continued for awhile. It was different from earlier. This was a different Dazai. 2 faces in 1 body. This Dazai was... honestly better. I wasn't sure why.

I smiled.