Chapter 2

1st Person POV

I yawned. It had been a few days since the interview. I was pretty calm. I was placed into some trainings were I was taught how to use a gun and knife, not that I didn't know how to use them before. There was also some martial art training too. That really took a toll on my body. I could feel the fatigue in my muscle yearn in pain. You heard that you were a fast learner and you were going to be taught under someone else now.

I sat in the break room with a cup of coffee. I wasn't fond of coffee. I knew how addicting it was and did my best to stay away from the substance. It was evident from the dozens of employees that worked in the government. I remember their offices were filled with coffee machines at every corner in the room. A really dull place if you ask me.

I eyed the coffee once again. I poured 2 spoons of sugar, a spoonful of creamer and 3 teaspoons of milk. I really never liked bitter things in the 1st place. Pop and water were usually my go to things I would drink when I was either on a mission or not. I mixed the coffee for a bit, finding a seat in the break room.

It wasn't exactly crowded but there were some people loitering around, doing their own things. I read the mission report that was given to me earlier today. It wasn't too hard, pretty easy actually. Simple and easy for your 1st mission for Port Mafia. It was about securing some suitcases of guns and files and delivering them back to headquarters. The exchange was going to happen later today, at the right port side during 1:36am.

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Dazai standing at the corridor of the break room. I smiled and waved to the boy, sipping the coffee. Hmm, not bad. I can see why it's addicting.

He noticed this and walked towards you, his pace was the same from those days ago. Slow yet steady, in a way, confident despite the book he carried around. It kind of gave me a unusual vibe. He kind of reminded me of someone on the foreground of an organization or something, an executive. Maybe it was my hallucination, my mind acting stranger than usual. But I guess being Ogai's right hand man would give him some type of vibe that others would feel as a type of weight on their shoulders. He was dangerous but important. I could see him soon standing beside me. I placed the cup down in front of me.

I heard him sigh before tugging a seat and sitting down beside me. He poked into my mission folder, playing with the spoon that was still in the cup. He lift the spoon up, tasting the coffee off the spoon. What in the world... My face burned red in embarrassment and confusion. But soon his face turned sour.

"It's too sweet for someone in the Mafia."

I chuckled at his reaction. Don't get mad [Name], it's not worth it. "Is that so, then how should it been?"

"As black as—nevermind"

I could see him hold onto my cup of coffee, playing with it using the spoon to stir it around in many circles. He looked annoyed. So basically dark roast.

"Anyways, Mori-san assigned me to help you on your first mission." He mumbled, face pouting. "Also to be your new trainer for handling a gun, using a knife and advanced martial arts. How inconsiderate is he."

I chuckled, smiling at the boy. "Sounds good for me~"

He sighed, taking a long sip from my cup. "Of course you would be in agreement with it."

"Hey~" I noticed he was taking his time with the cup of coffee. At this rate, he was going to drink it all. I teased. "Save some for me~"

He eyed me for a second before returning to the coffee. I sweat dropped. I could feel my lips meet with the warm surface of the cup. The exactly spot he was drinking from. My face burned brighter than ever. He lifted the cup higher, letting the rest of the coffee to swept into my mouth. I could feel his other hand push the back of my head, holding it firmly probably for me to drink all the remaining coffee left in the cup.

Soon it was finished, the final drop of coffee tainted my lips as I swallowed the rest of coffee. It was good but as noted before, wasn't much. I laid my hand on his to signal the coffee was done. When he did take it away, he took a good look at my shocked expression.

"Such a pretty expression. Something I didn't expect from you."

I grabbed the folder. My face, less heated but still visibly embarrassed, signaled the boy with a somewhat calm expression. "Lets just go now."

He smirked. "Alright."