Chapter 20

1st Person POV

Suddenly there was a sharp pain in my head. I groan, crutching my head as I walk backwards. I closed my eyes. I never fight pain like this before. What exactly is this? My ears had this ringing sound that still blasting into my earbud. It was a death-ening buzz as my gun tip out of my hand and my other hand went to my head. I gnaw on the bottom of my lip as I could see a flash of violet cross the abyss of black. Who...What?

The violet flash stopped in place and I could almost make out the image of 2 eyes. They were staring at me, so deeply that it was drowning me in fear. As if I pair of hand patched onto my legs, pulling me deeper into the sea. I could feel my legs shake, yet stay planted into place.

"After all these years, I did it. I did it..! I found you, [Name]!"

There was a hint of relief in it's non-existent voice. As if the pair of eyes were speaking to me. But as soon as it stopped talking, it disappeared into the dark abyss. The violet eyes turned to dust in the tunnel of nothingness. The pain subdued. Everything but the mix of confusion and fear that still felt bagging around my legs. Found?

Someone out there—on this planet—had just spoken with me. Through telepathy. They knew about my real name. A name only Natsume-sensei and Chief Taneda knew about. I knew they couldn't use anything that involved communication through minds. All I did know was that the person was crazy. Absolutely crazy. I opened my eyes.

Soon the sky turned completely yellow. An unnatural yellow. I looked up to see a barrier like rectangular prism contains the entire warehouse. I frown. It wasn't Dazai's or Chuuya's. So maybe Randou's or a 3rd person's ability? Was it sensory based or did it have some sort of range? What a powerful ability...

I activated Clairvoyance and scanned the entire area. Other from the cage surrounding the area, nothing seems wrong. There was a total of 4 people currently. Chuuya, Dazai, Randou and I. So this ability is Randou's. At least that is confirmed.

Out of no where another dot appeared on screen. A dead corpse? I blinked in confusion as I counted up the 5 total dots on the field now. What the...

I look downwards to see Dazai in his own isolated enclosed space with the former Port Mafia boss. It checked out with my screen that the former boss was an incarnated entity or some sort. Chuuya on the other hand ran up towards Randou, only to be blown back by a miniature cube of the one that was created around the warehouse. Shit.

I ran to find my weapon that was laying closer than I expected. My hands started gripped the gun as I could feel my fingers fumble against the cold barrel. When I did manage to pull myself together, I locked onto Randou. 1 clear shoot. Just—

Just then my phone rang. My eyes widen in surprise as I took it out to check the caller id first. On the screen displayed a familiar name. Chief Taneda. What a surprise...

I picked up the call, placing it between the space between my shoulder and ear. I still focus on Randou's fleeting figure. Stay calm and hid your presence or else your shoot will be over.

"Hello Chief," I say, "is there something you need."

"I want you to leave that area you are in now." His voice was definitely wavering. Something was off.

"I'm sorry?" I hastily replied. "Why sir—"

"It's dangerous." He says. He was dead serious. I frown. If I leave, then... I stare at the 3 people below. They were all talking about Randou's ability or something like that. The dead corpse that my Clairvoyance spotted wasn't here. "The energy level of what is inhabiting that warehouse is unbelievable. We—I need you alive [Surname]."