Chapter 9 - Classes

Things are not as they seem.

" Wait, what?" Threvas repeated, saying what we all wanted to say.

" You passed!" Blondie repeated cheerfully.

I furrowed my eyebrows while puckering my lips and said slowly in confusion while tilting my head " And..."

He growled, clearly irritated that we were not processing the words that escaped his mouth " For the sake of the world you passed this test!"

Omorfi then intervened and spoke something.  It seemed like decades since he last talked " And what right do you have to say that?!"

Blondie then bellowed in shock " Why of course I have the right, I'm the-"

He then paused and said amused " Why I'm such a fool... wait for a moment."

He snapped his finger and a bright light scanned his body changing his appearance as it went down from his head to his toes. It revealed the short-haired red-headed woman with blood-red lips, to my surprise it was a 'she,' not a 'he.'

She pursed her lips then smiled brightly "...why I'm your principal."

I stumbled backward and gasped, more shocked by the fact that our principal could use four elements. Once I got where I was I could not move.

The stared at me shocked by my reaction while a few people laughed at me tripping like a fool.

Solis sneered playfully "I didn't know you were that excited to see her!"

I smiled sarcastically and gave her the look of someone who is acting like they are listening to their friend's stupid, boring and long rants.

I hacked a cough and blood ran down my lips my stomach stung and I was dizzy again I laid backward and my breathing sped once again.

The principal swiftly moved over with a serious expression and kneeled down placing her warm hands on me which caused me to flinch, a green light illuminated me, soothing my pain and making me drowsy. I closed my eyes, yet I was still awake.

My shoulders relaxed and my breathing returned to its original speed. The dreadful burning sensation dispersed and disappeared and the rough ground felt like a soft bed.

A weird sensation flowed through me, which I assumed was the principals healing element.

As soon as she let go I drifted into a dream...

Or should I say a nightmare?

I saw my old self from outside of a glass barrier. The old me was screaming and crying holding onto anything I could find as men dragged me away. This was a replay of the day before I died.

 They threw the old me into a dusty cell and then I watched unable to project my voice from within the barrier. 

I wanted to say " Stop! I didn't do it!" but nothing came out I turned around avoiding my pitiful state and slid to the ground watching the other side. 

I quickly realized I was isolated from both sides and I sighed watching the war that was going on the side opposite to the one with me crying, thinking to myself ' Is this side the past, I don't remember this war.'

Explosions echoed the area and beam soared the skies, bombs went off and fire and ice collided with each other. Bloodcurdling screams were heard, bodies were exploding and people were killing themselves. People who could use the blood element were taking advantage of this time and killing people with their own blood or killing people with the deceased people's blood.