Chapter 15 - Battle for Food

A blurred voice called to me for the past 10 minutes and I soon got rid of my puzzlement at the strange change in my dreams. I looked around at the void surrounding my, unable to tell where it ended. The only thing that seemed to be the cause for why I was here was the voice and it enchanting light, I tried to reach out to their voice that illuminated the dark area I was in.

" COME" they called out to me and I ran while extending my hand, never getting close enough to reach them.

" I'm trying." I huffed while not wanting to get consumed by the darkness.

I continued to follow after the voice while panting, but it seemed like I wasn't getting any closer, I was stuck there to be exact, I sighed, already knowing that there is never a happy ending, someone will be affected one way or another.

Instead of endlessly following the voice with false hope I watched it disappear with caring eyes filled with endearment and smiled at it traveling farther away, reminding me of my death and how I couldn't escape it. I then closed my eyes and sat on the black space that I was standing on.

I then felt around to see if there was anything I had to pass time, sighing I said to myself, I wish I had some sort of light.

In fact, I did, I had a lighter, for safety purposes~ 

I took out the lighter and lit it while seeing the light off in a distance flickering weakly.

I toom off in the opposite direction deciding stubbornly that I didn't need anything to guide me because I could guide myself without that stupid light.

I walked of turning to the light one last time to smile at it and turn to walk away in solitude, to guide me to my own path.

After about ten minutes passed I was still walking obliviously and nothing seemed to change. I sighed and sat down to take a break.

From behind I heard a chuckle, seeming to be that of the voice making me swiftly turn around only to see the light moving towards me.

My heart sped a little as I stared at it, shocked and confused.

It then soothed " Maybe one day you will make it~ " it reminded me of the voice I heard after I died and in my past dream.

I continued staring at the light as I heard a different voice booming " Wake up."

Then it got louder " WAKE UP" and everything flashed and I opened my eyes to see Claire staring at me.

" It's 12:49 a.m, and we haven't had breakfast!"

I rubbed my eyes and replied wearily " How are supposed to eat if we are hiding?"

Claire chuckled and declared "  We steal it from the kitchen!"

" How, there are guards and people everywhere!" I exclaimed

 " You will see." she mused

"You are going to use shadow, aren't you," I said to her slyly

 She nodded while smirking.

I finally realized that meant she was going to use her element, I then grinned.

" Let's do this!" I said

" I was going to do it even if you didn't agree! I never needed you in the first place" she reassured.

I glared at her and her grin got wider.

She closed her eyes then opened them a few seconds later,

She then became serious and her eyes became sharper and her pupils dilated, her iris was decorated like an explosion with the colors being, white, blue, green and a golden yellow which focused on her black pupils.