Chapter 14

"Stark we cannot keep using SHIELD resources to find this man; we have Hydra bases we are trying to infiltrate." Nick Fury's voice sounded from the phone speaker as Tony was sat in the corner of the room with Thor. They were taking their turn to watch over Anna at the hospital while Steve, Barton, and Nat got some well-earned rest in the waiting room.

"Fury this man attacked one of my guests in my own home; endangering someone who is important to three of the team. We need to find him before he does something that will rip the team apart." Tony looked at Thor who had now walked over to the window to see if there was anyone skulking around outside.

"Stark I mean it; no more using SHIELD resources. She is just one girl; we need to look at the bigger picture..." Just as Fury continued his lecture Tony started making weird static noises with his mouth,

"Fury...I can't hear you...the signal is going..." Triumphantly he ended the connection muttering "Arsehole" under his breath.

"What do we do now Tinman?" Thor asked as he left the window blinds drop back to their original position. Rubbing a hand over his face Tony sighed as he sat forward.

"I can piggyback SHIELDs satellites to see if I can get a fix on him and use their own recognition software behind their back. But if he has gone to the ground then we may not see him for a while."

"He's a bad guy, bad guys always slip up," Thor remarked before he sat back on the couch.

"Or use me as bait..." a small voice spoke up from the bed where Anna was blearily blinking her eyes.

**

I listened to the conversation between Thor and Tony with my eyes closed so they didn't realize I was awake. If SHIELD won't let them use their resources then they needed to improvise,

"Or use me as bait." I whispered blinking my eyes as I tried to wake up properly; "if you can't use SHIELD then use what you have got." Struggling I used the railings to help me sit up as Steve, Nat and Clint came running through the door all eyes on me while I sat in the hospital bed.

"That's ridiculous...we can't use you as bait." Clint started to protest but I held my hand up to quieten him,

"And why not? You guys will be there in the background...there is no other way he is going to come out of the woodwork unless you have something he wants." As I looked at each of them I could see all of them thinking over the suggestion, even though three of the faces did not look happy about it.

"I think that will be the last thing we need to try." Clint said as he stood up from beside the bed, "First I'm getting you out of here to somewhere where no one can find you." Walking out of the room I looked at the other faces surrounding me and shrugged my shoulders.

"Was it something I said?"

**

"So you want to take her back to your actual home, where your wife and children live?" Steve said in disbelief from the corridor as Clint and he were stood outside whispering to themselves.

"Just the four of us. Tony, Thor, and Banner can keep working on trying to find this man using Stark industry technology. I'd rather we didn't put her in the line of fire, don't you?" He looked at Steve with anger in his eyes, "I'd rather she was safe for now then out there. We had three Assassins taken care off but the others who had answered the job have not all been found, and now that Fury has pulled SHIELD resources chances are one of those people will try and take a pot shot at her." He said as he started to pace the floor.

"Will Laura mind if we turn up with Anna?" Clint nodded crossing his hands across his chest as he leaned against the wall.

"I've already phoned her and she came up with the idea." He turned away from Steve to look over his shoulder, "Nat has already packed clothes for the both of you. They are in the truck downstairs. We need to go low key so no motorbikes and no jets, we can't let anyone know where we are going." Nodding Steve walked back in the room where the other four and Anna are chatting amongst themselves.