Chapter 16

He had tried to sleep but his mind was filled with the image of a girl with raven black hair and grey eyes as she was on top of him while her passion filled eyes stared into his own. Of course, he had dreams like that before, he was a guy after all. But something about Anna made him want to throw aside his stance on intimacy and be the one for her. Adjusting himself he walked down the stairs in his sweatpants and grey t-shirt so he could relieve Clint and also let the cool breeze calm his body. He shouldn't be having thoughts like that about Anna as she was special to him in more ways than anyone realized. Not only did she remind him of the girls he knew growing up, but she had an old soul whose eyes bore into him like they knew all his secrets.

However, once he got outside and heard the conversation between Anna and Clint his heart stopped for just a second. He didn't want to eavesdrop but as the night was so quiet the sound traveled further along the ground so he could hear every breath, word, and fear.

Now here he was staring into Anna's eyes and all he wanted to do was lean down to kiss her with a passion he had only read about it books. With his calloused hand against her cheek, he felt how soft her skin was and the way the moon made it appear almost translucent in the light. Wanting to see more he took her other hand and led her to the barn on the property where no one could disturb them. While he knew it wasn't a good idea his body was betraying him in more ways than one.

Even if they only shared a passion filled kiss he would take that memory to his grave for no one could compare to the girl in front of him, even Peggy. As he pulled her into the barn he closed the door behind them and led her to the ladder that reached up into the hayloft so they could spend some alone time together. No matter what happened he would make sure she knew that there was no other man for her.

As they climbed the ladder, with her in front of him, he realized that his mouth had become dry just looking at her backside as she climbed up ahead of him. Once they were at the top he led her to a secluded corner of the loft before laying down with her in the hay. Using his hand he traced her ivory skin on her cheek and neck, amazed at the sensation of softness beneath his calloused skin.

As she looked up at him he saw her eyes darken mirroring his own pent up lust. He leaned over her and kissed her moist lips. Yes he lived like a monk but he certainly knew how to kiss a girl until she was breathless beneath his questing lips, he remembered when Nat had questioned him when hydra had taken over SHIELD. They had to pretend to be lovers so the agents wouldn't see them skulking in the shadows.

Now he used the knowledge he had to bring Anna to a place where her skin flushed a gentle pink as her body began to mold itself against his own.

"Steve..." Laying a finger against her lips he kissed the lightly scented skin behind her ear, the smell of vanilla assaulting his senses from the shampoo she had used to wash her hair this evening when they had arrived. Using his other hand he gently ran it up and down her other neck and cheek, wanting to savor the moment they shared.

As he sat up he pulled Anna so she was sitting across his lap with her legs either side of him as he kissed her with a passion he didn't realize he held. It was like she was his kryptonite, as Tony would call it, his own personal brand of heroin that he could not get enough of.

His fingers itched to slide up under the t-shirt she wore to stroke at the soft skin underneath but he knew that she needed to set the pace not him, he would not be like the other guys she had dated who only wanted one thing from her. He respected her too much.

Fingers shaking she slowly moved her hands down until they gripped the bottom of his own shirt before lifting it up over his head.

**