Chapter 9: Why her?

Somewhere between the time of two in the morning to six in the morning there was a gentle knock on the door. Natasha crept quietly, careful not to wake up her sleeping daughter. She opened the door just wide enough to let the person in, who happened to be SHIELD Agent Maria Hill.

She flashed a kind smile, being supportive of the entire ordeal that Natasha and Clint had gone through, and quite frankly they didn’t deserve this. No one did. No one deserved to watch helplessly as their child is stripped away from them, and to be found in such a condition. Maria almost didn’t want to share the news, but she knew Natasha and Clint wouldn’t forgive her if she didn’t.

She whispered taking note of the sleeping child who look tortured to be asleep, “Can I come in?” Natasha nodded quickly opening the door wide so her friend could enter and then quickly shutting it.

Maria spoke gently, “You might want to sit down to read this. The scans of her blood indicate that HYDRA did experiment on her. She has cryokinisies, meaning that she can produce ice, and can absorb heat into ice molecules.” Her voice was nothing more than a whisper, “Brain scans indicate a lot of PTSD. She’s very lucky to be alive considering that her body temperature is seventy degrees while the average is ninety six.”

Clint sighed heavily looking at the tiled floor which suddenely seemed very interesting. He didn’t know how to react except for a whispered thank you. It wasn’t Maria’s fault that his daughter was in this condition, but he felt so angry.

Natasha probably felt the same way, if not more angry that her daughter had PTSD, the very same thing that she has, the very same thing she had promised herself that she would protect her child against.

Maria kindly smiled speaking softly, “I’ll leave you two alone now.”

Natasha gently shut the door before collapsing to her feet, head buried in shoulder. She felt sick, like she was going to throw up. Her child wasn’t normal anymore. She didn’t think of her anything less, if anything stronger because her child had been through hell and back, and would have to live with the pain and the suffering.

God, she needed some air. She needed to punch something, or preferably kill someone. Like the very man who decided to ruin their lives. If she saw Connor Pierce, she’d teach him his last lesson, you never mess with the family of Natasha Alionova Romanoff.

He was going to die for that.

She looked over at her daughter with a pained expression painted across her delicate features and an enormous wave of pity surged through her, and she broke into quiet sobs. Clint gently set Alivana on the hospital bed and walked to Natasha, crouching down in front of her. She jumped into his arms, burrowing her head in his shoulder as she sobbed, begging for something whispering to her husband who was crying tears of his own, “Clint, it’s not fair.” Clint nodded as he stroked Natasha’s back softly, closing his eyes as he spoke, “I know Nat. I know.” Natasha trembled, “Why her Clint? Why our daughter Clint?”

Clint eased Natasha onto his lap, holding her close, speaking softly, “I don’t know Natasha. I wish I did. I’d do anything to see her happy and safe. Not like this.” His voice cracked, “She deserves so much better.”

A/N: Sups sorry for the long update! But I'm on summer break so I'm back in action!

Is anyone still reading this?