??? & Lucy - Meeting Once Again

(???'s POV)

What if they were meant to change their world, together?

Lucy's father was trying to keep them apart, but why?

(Lucy's POV)

I feel like I'm missing a part of me every day. As much as I want to go and see him, I know I can't. it was my father's dying wish, I can't defy his last wish as much as I want to do it.

Questions with no answers and thoughts with no direction were running through my mind on my way back home. As I let my mind wander I realized that I wasn't heading home at all, I was going to the place we first met. As I landed in the clearing, I could see another figure there. I sat down where I was and waited for the person to show themselves. As I sat there, quietly looking at my hands, my mind wandered back to him, his face, his pink hair, the scarf he always wore. I didn't notice as the person I was thinking about walked right in front of me until I saw his sandal clad feet appear in front of me.

"N-Natsu?" I asked as I raised my head.

"L-Lucy, is that really you?" He replied. He knelt down and wiped the tears that were slowly falling down my face. I've missed him, I feel complete around him. I love him. Hearing his voice after so long, I couldn't help but cry. He kindly pulled me into a hug and I buried my face in his neck.

"It feels like it's been forever. How are you, Lucy?" Natsu asked me after some time.

"I'm better now." I replied. I spread my wings to connect with his outstretched wings. As his bat-like wings touched my angelic ones, it was like I could see his life through my eyes, I could feel his emotions like they were my own, and I could hear his thoughts. I was at peace, I felt complete. I am his and he is mine. I could feel his love and joy course through me like it was my lifeline. I looked up at him, a smile on my face, and we kissed. This rarely happens anymore so its not very well known, but if two people connect their wings so the edges touch, and they can see their past, feel their emotions, and hear their thoughts, they become inseparable. That is because they are soulmates. I only know this because us Heartfillias can't be with anyone but our soulmates. It's a way to keep our bloodline pure. I never really understood why. My thoughts vanished as Natsu deepened the kiss. Throughout the night we talked and tested the waters, and when dawn arrived, we parted ways. It was painful to do so but we needed to keep our relationship a secret. I hate being away from him, especially now. When I arrived back at the castle Erza was immediately at my side.

"Where have you been? Everyone was worried about you! What happened?" Erza asked.

"I'm here and I'm okay. Every Thursday I will be out for the day, no guards. Got it?"

"Why not Goddess Lucy?"

"Because it's a personal matter that I have to attend to and I don't want the whole kingdom to know about it." I responded.

"Every Thursday? Why then?"

"It's just the date that worked for those of us involved." I said, trying to be discreet.

"Goddess Lucy, I still don't under-"

"It's a personal matter and I don't really care if you understand it!" I cut her off. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me but a lot of things have been going on and I can't tell anyone about it or it will probably send the people into a panic." I said trying to explain why I responded to her so cruelly.

A few weeks have passed since the incident with Erza and my night with Natsu. I see him once or twice every week and we just sit and get to know each other better. We also took the time to learn our new abilities since every mated couple can use magic, more like their true magic. Everyone can use magic and everyone can learn their true magic but they can't reach their true potential until they find their soulmate. Both Natsu and I have wanted to learn magic but we never could. It turns out that the magic we use is old magic. I have Celestial Spirit Magic and he uses Fire Dragon Slayer Magic and Fire Dragon King Magic. All types of magic that are really old and rarely used because it is hereditary magic. Three weeks after that night with Natsu I found out I was pregnant. We had figured out five days earlier how we could talk through our minds so we've been talking nonstop. I had told him that I was sick and he was asking if I was alright.
'Natsu... I don't have the flu.' I spoke through our mind link. I had gone to Wendy, the castle's healer, per Erza's request and she asked me questions and we found out I was pregnant. I begged her to not tell anyone, that I needed to tell the father first and I'd tell the kingdom in time, when I was ready.
'What do you have then?'
'I... I'm p-pregnant.'