Lucy - Telling the Group pt. 1

'Are we telling them about us and our kid?' Natsu asked in my mind after he let everything settle in. Yes, Natsu indeed was the true ruler of the realm the whole time, had his mother not sealed away his true power.

"Yes," I said out loud. The room had been silent for quite some time at this point. The looks on their faces told me they were confused. I took a deep breath.

"This must never leave this castle. The people mustn't know until the time is right."

"What do you mean, Goddess Lucy?" Erza asked.

"Please, just call me Lucy."

"Fine, Lucy."

"Hey Luce, we doing the thing?" Natsu butted in.

"Yeah. It'd be the best way to show them, but please, don't burn the whole place down. Just a small flame in the palm of your hand will be sufficient."

"Fine," he grumbled. He lit a small flame in his hand while I asked the small spirits to appear and dance with the flames. The gold light danced in my hand then jumped to Natsu's hand and merged with the flames, turning the normally destructive fire into a brilliant show of stars and flame. Natsu let the fire dance on his hand but then set it on the table.

This was a trick we found during one of our meetings in the clearing. A small figure started to appear in the flames, consuming them and bringing a solid form to the small creature. A baby dragon appeared. The small creature had golden scales and scampered up my arm when Gray tried to attack it.

"What is the meaning of this?" Gajeel yelled.

"Gajeel, calm down. Think about it. Their magic merged and created life. Lucy couldn't even use powers before she started disappearing every week. They're soulmates, powerful ones as well." Levy said.

I nodded to Levy's answer as the small dragon returned to the spirit realm. I grabbed Natsu's hand and started to shake a little from fear. I was scared that they would reject me, wouldn't want anything to do with me afterward and I would lose my only friends. I looked over to Natsu and he already knew what was happening.

"Hey, calm down Luce, calm down," Natsu said in a soothing way, pulling me in for a hug and stroking my hair. I was having a small panic attack and if I wasn't careful I could hurt the baby. I started to cry, I wanted to tell them but I didn't know how they'd react.

'Natsu, I'm scared...' I said through the link.

"I know. We have to tell them. If you keep having panic attacks, you know what could happen," he said aloud. I just nodded.

'Please tell them for me. I just want to stay here and calm down.' I said through the link again. I couldn't open my mouth to speak, I was extremely grateful for the link at that moment.

Natsu shifted his weight then, deciding he wasn't going to be standing for this, sat down in one of the chairs, shifting me so I was on his lap.

He sighed. I could sense the others staring at us. I have never shown weakness to anyone before, at least, not since I was a child.

"Can the rest of you please sit? I won't speak until everyone is seated." He said, the rumble of his chest when he spoke was oddly soothing. I heard the faint movement of chairs.

'What do you want me to say?' He asked in my mind. I just whispered it aloud, knowing that Gajeel, Wendy, and Natsu would hear for sure.

"I'm pregnant."