Akio - Aftermath

~*~ Twenty Years After Escape ~*~

My father has been deathly ill for the past week and finally passed away last night. Igneel and I buried him in the clearing that he had met my mother in, right next to where my mother and siblings were buried. 

I couldn't imagine what my father had gone through to keep me safe. He lost his wife, his children, and his home in one fail swoop. I wandered over to the tunnels my father had used to escape and activated the spell. revealing the entrance, and entered the dark tunnels, making sure to seal the entrance behind me. 

As I traveled down the dark passageways, I suddenly felt drawn in one direction. Suddenly I was in a open room with just a little bit of sunlight shining through a hole in the ceiling, I large statue stood in the center. I knelt down to read what it said below the statue and was shocked to find a prophecy, a prophecy about my parents and even myself. 

A tear escaped my eye before I turned and returned the way I came. When I finally reached daylight, I stretched out my wings. They felt cramped up from under-use but I had to stay hidden until the wingless forgot that there was ever a time that having wings was normal. I learned that my wings were unique, my father hadn't even seen wings like mine before. They looked like the ones on the statue of my mother, but instead of them being white, they were black. My father described it like he could see the night sky just by looking at my wings. I also learned how to hide them. I hated it, but it was necessary if I was ever going to go into town.

~*~ Thirty Years After Natsu's Death ~*~

I held my son in my arms and I couldn't be happier. My mate was one of the first born wingless but she still loved me even though I was different. We both knew that our children wouldn't have my ability of flight or would be able to find their true mate like I could, but we still tried our best to give them happy lives, even while we stayed hidden from the rest of the world. 

~*~ Five Hundred Years After The Fall of The Angels and Demons ~*~

I have watched my mate grow old and die. I have watched my son grow up, find love, have a son, then pass away. I have seen multiple generations of Dragneels but today, today was different. 

The prophecy has returned, he has been born. Now, the only thing I can do is bide my time. 

I have to wait for things to take it's course. 

"It won't be long now. Only a couple hundred more years, give or take."

"I know, I can feel it. It's like the day I found the statue, but different in a way."

"I wish you luck, Akio Dragneel."

"I wish you luck as well, Igneel." I smiled at him, then left. I will know when to return.

~*~ The End ~*~

~*~ For Now ~*~