Natsu - Betrayed

Laxus, Jellal, and I had split up a while back, hoping that we could catch the intruder faster this way. I walked down the hallway, passing rooms we only used if we had guests then passing rooms we used daily. I had a feeling I knew where the intruder was at, I could smell an odd yet familiar sent in the hallways I followed and that helped, but it wasn't just that. It was a gut feeling.

I pushed Nashi's bedroom door open as silently as possible. I crouched down low and snuck inside the room. I could see that our intruder was, in fact, someone I knew back before I saw Lucy again.

"Angelica? Is that you?" I asked and stood up from the other side of my daughter's bed. The woman jumped a little and then chuckled.

"I should have known that you would have been the one to find me first, Natsu. It's quite a life you've made for yourself huh?" Angelica said as she fiddled with one of Nashi's toys.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a stern voice. She flinched then turned to face me. Her left eye had multiple large red scars all leading into the eyepatch she had covering it. Her ebony hair was longer then I remembered her liking it and her clothes were ragged and bloodied. I turned on the lights and noticed that her wings were gone as well. I got worried and looked over at the woman who was there when I had nobody else.

"What happened to you Angelica?" I asked, worry lacing my voice. She shook her head and looked at the photo on Nashi's vanity.

"Life. That's what happened to me. They took them both and cut my wings, I tried everything to get them back but because they cut my wings, my options were limited."

"You mean Landon and Mika?" I asked, I knew her and her family very well, I practically grew up with their daughter Mika, even though she is almost ten years younger then me, and Angelica was practically an older sister to me and her husband, Landon, was a very kind man that loved to help others out. We always thought that his soul went to the wrong body because he honestly belonged with the angels.

"Yes, they told me that I had to do one thing to get them back unharmed," she said and gave me a sad look.

"What did they want you to do?" I asked, hesitantly. I had a bad feeling and the hair on my arms started to stand on end.

"They told me to kill you, your woman, and your children. Said something about a prophecy and how they can't let it be fulfilled, blah blah blah." She said, waving her hand around like she didn't care about the details. "I don't even remember what they call themselves but none of them had wings and all of them had powers."

Suddenly, I heard the alarm sound for an attack and my head snapped back to the woman I thought I knew.

"What have you done?" I yelled. She looked down at her feet then started to laugh.

"What. Have. You. Done?" I yelled again, emphasizing each word as I walked over to her with a deadly aura.

"You're all gonna die!" She yelled while laughing hysterically. I gave up on her, locked the room with her still inside, and ran to find and protect my family.