Natsu - Worlds Collide

"Somethings happening!" Erza yelled into Lucy's and my room. I groaned and got out of bed, Lucy was already up and in her closet looking for a gown to wear. I stood up and put on my normal attire then stepped out of the room to check up on the kids, they were playing in Nashi's room with their new toys, then I went to check up on my wife.

"Hey, Natsu, I need to talk to you before we go to the meeting." Luce said after I entered the room and closed the door behind me.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" I asked as I sat beside her on our bed. 

"I'm scared. Not only for our kids and us but also for this little one," she said and rubbed her stomach. We had been attacked almost constantly this past week and a half by the wingless. We've had to move to a different wing in the castle that nobody really knew about just to keep everyone safe. I understood her fear but I had a feeling they were specifically after my pregnant wife, and I was afraid. I was terrified, I don't know these people, I don't know what powers they have, it's a completely unknown factor and I'm afraid for my family. I'm afraid for my children's future. 

"I will try everything in my power to protect you and our children. I'll be honest, we have no idea what we are going up against and I'm scared for you and our unborn child but we need to stay strong and help protect not only ourselves but our people as well."

"Thank you, Natsu. You always know how to make me feel better." Luce said as she wiped her tears away. 

"Should we tell them? About the pregnancy?" she asked.

"No, lets try to keep it a secret for as long as possible. I wouldn't want to give them another reason to come after you."

She nodded in response and hugged me. I ran my hand up and down her back in a soothing manner then finally stood up and helped her stand up.

"Well, we better get going before Erza comes back around to drag us up there herself." I joked as I got up. Lucy laughed and followed me out of the room.

When we got to the meeting hall, everyone seemed worried and stressed out, it instantly put me on edge and made me protective of Lucy.

"Erza? What happened?" I asked.

"The border between Vein and here has vanished. I don't know what's going on. Also we have found over four hundred people with their wings chopped off and some immense magical power that only you and Lucy can rival. We only managed to capture them by overpowering them."

"Did any of them mention when or where the next battle is taking place like last time?"

"None of them have spoken up yet, Your Highness." Gajeel spoke up. 

"Gray, how have the troops been handling this?"

"We have about fifty in critical care, twenty were just released, we have about four hundred uninjured, and another twenty-seven recruits arriving tomorrow morning." Gray responded.

"Wendy, how many have died?"

"A hundred this past week, that would bring the total up to one thousand two hundred and fifty of our troops."

"That's way too many. We don't even know what we are fighting against!"

Natsu, you need to calm down. I know all of this is stressful but you could hurt yourself if you stress out too much and I would like our children to grow up with a father. Lucy said through the mind-link.

I know Luce, I'm just confused I guess. We don't know what or who we are fighting and I don't know what their obsession is with you and our children. I responded.