two || the weight

beep beep beep beep.

The alarm awoke me from my sleep. I feel pumpkin cuddle closer to me, making me want to stay in bed. I sit up groggily, making her meow at me angrily.

" I'm sorry love, I have work!" I tell the kitten as she rolls over yawning. I smile at her cuteness and roll over and turn on my stereo, pulling in my phone to play Shawn Mendes as I get ready for work. I walk into my bathroom while dancing along to the music and brush out my hair straight. I braid back my bangs and hold them back with pins. I put on some foundation and mascara before walking into my room and deciding on black jeans and a 1975 band shirt and some black vans. I grab my leather bag and shove my phone into my tight jean pocket. I kiss pumpkin goodbye as I lock the door behind me. The rusty lock decided to be diffcult this morning to it took about ten minutes to get my key out of the nob. Now in a rush, I run downstairs and hop in my car while blastiing music. When I pull into a parking spot near the building I notice the boy who helped me get the job with Luke yesterday. I walk up to him smiling.

" Hey, I'm Noel. " I say holding up my hand. He ignores my greeting and texts on his phone.

" Nice shirt. " He says clearly rejecting my hand. I act as if I was just wiping my hand on my jeans to avoid embarrassment.

" Thanks, 1975 is my favorite. " I reply and watch him lock his phone and slide it into his pocket. I nod slightly as he stands there staring at me. After about 2 minutes of awkward staring I decided to walk into the store.

" Ahh, welcome! " A man says shaking my hand. " My name is Roger, and I'm your boss. "

" Noel. " I say smiling.

" Very pretty name. " He says as he shows me around the store and tells me what I need to do.

" So I just sit at the counter and take the money from them? " I ask him after about a half an hour of careful intrusctions.

" Basically. " Ashton says walking in and passing by me and going behind the counter.

" Irwin, you're late. " Roger tells him. " Oh, Noel. This is my nephew, Ashton."

" We've met. " Ashton replies pulling out his phone, and once again ignoring my exsitance.

" It's alright. He will talk to you eventually. " roger tells me as he opens the door to behind the counter. " I have to go, call if you need anything. "

Roger walks out the sliding front doors, leaving Ashton and I alone in an empty store. I sit down awkwardly on a stool, and pull out my phone. I text my dad to let him know I got a job. When I look up I see Ashton staring at me once again.

" Are we going to have a problem? " I ask rudely. He turns away fast and leans against the brick wall. I take a moment to realize the black ripped skinny jeans, muscle shirt and bandana on him. I have to admit, he's attractive. But he doesn't seem like someone i'd like, or let alone date.

" Not if you think we will. " He replies slickly. I sit on the stool and fiddle with my feet until I see him stand up and turn on the radio. When the Jonas Brothers song Love bug comes on he starts to drum on the benches and getting lost in his own little world. I watch him trying not to laugh as he gets completly lost in the song. I walk around the store looking at albums and guitairs hanging on the wall. I see an CD labelled 5SOS on it. I pick it up in confusion and look at it carefully.

" My band. " He says taking it out of my hands.

" Jesus you scared me. " I reply jumping back.

" Yeah well, the don't touch my stuff. " He snaps.