four || since we were 18

" Noelllll. " Luke whines as I hurry to put on my light washed skinny jeans. I adjust my grey long sleeved crop top as I slip on my toms.

" I'm coming hold your horses. " I tell him as he laughs.

" I don't have horses, you silly goose. " he tells me with his thick Aussie accent. I giggle at his reply as I open my bedroom door and walk into my bathroom. I put on some more mascara, and fix my foundation, brush my teeth and spray on perfume.

" Can we please go ? " he asks " I'm starving. "

" Yes, we can leave now. " I tell him smiling as he jumps up off the couch excitingly. We walk out of my door and hop into his car.

" Noe, I like the way you say hello. " He annouces as he starts to drive to the diner we're meeting the boys at. I've gotten to know these three boys very well over the past few weeks, which makes me realize I need to tell them about my past accident. I decided to tell them all later tonight, we're planning on going ice skating after dinner.

" What? " I ask him confused at his past statement.

" Your American accent when you say hello. " He repeats making me laugh. He pulls into the parking spot and gets out of the car. We both walk into the diner and see Mikey and Cal sitting at a booth. They wave at us as we walk towards them. I slide into the booth next to Mikey and Luke sits next to Calum.

" Your hair is so soft! " Michael tells me touching my hair and playing with it. I laugh and thank him in a questioning tone shooing away his hands from my hair. He giggles and eats a french fry.

" So, I invited Ashton to eat with us tonight. " Luke announces.

" Ashton? " Mikey asks almost choking on his french fry.

"the same Ashton that you punched in the face? " Calum asks looking at him with big eyes.

" Wait what ? " I ask confused patting Michael on the back to stop him from choking.

" Luke dated this girl for a while last summer, and after about two months of them dating Ashton admitted to him that him and this girl needed to be together. Of course Luke didn't allow it. Which meant that the girl, the very next day picked up all of her stuff out of Lukes apartment and brought it all to Ashtons. " Mike explains to me.

" What happened then? " I ask with sincerely.

" Ashton and her dated for a while, but the girl moved back to the UK and didn't even say goodbye. " Luke explains putting more ketchup on his burger. I nod quietly, still confused as to why he would invite Ashton out with us tonight.

" There he is. " Calum says waving him over. I see Ashton walking towards us with his ripped black jeans, glasses and bandana. I couldn't help but to whisper damn as he sits next to me.

" Been a while. " Luke says to him he nods and the group falls quiet and awkward.

" WELL. " I say kinda loud and opening a menu. " I want a milkshake."

Calum looks up at me from his phone and starts to laugh at my outburst, which led to Mikey to laugh, then Luke. I look at them smiling as I see true happiness on their faces. Something that isn't very common to see nowadays.

" So Ashton. " I say making conversation.

" Yeah? " He says looking up from his menu.

" Whatcha doing? " I ask whipping my hair dramatically. He giggles with this kind of squeeky contagious laugh and these deep dimples exposing on his cheeks.

" I need food. " He answers to me between laughs. I feel a vibrate inside my jean pocket from my phone and see its a text from my dad.

' hey sweetie, how was your day? ' It reads. I smile as I open it.