Chapter 2

*Your P.O.V.*

"Come on Eren you can do it! I know you can!" I cheered, watching Eren on the Omni-directional mobility gear apparatus. He looked at me and smiled but alas he ended up falling upside down again. Regardless Mikasa and I helped him out of the apparatus.

"I can't believe I still can't do it.." Eren sighed, now sitting on the ground. "Awe don't be bummed about it, I know you'll get it soon! The sooner you get it down the closer you are to your goal!" I smiled, giving Eren a hand to help him up.

"Well, then I'll give it my all! But maybe we can ask for help from Reiner or Bertholdt? They seem pretty skilled." Eren suggested, looking around at the three of us. "That seems like a good idea!" Armin included, smiling.

The 4 of us walked over to the cadet mess hall since it was to be dinner soon, and found Reiner sitting outside. "Reiner, hey what's up?" I asked as we approached him. "Nothing really (Y/n), hows your training coming along Eren?" He responded, although only slightly smiling.

"I'm still working at it! But that's why we're here, can you please help me train?" Eren begged, the fire of hope in his eyes burning bright. "Hmm.. I can try to be of help, but it all comes down to you. We'll practice tonight after training." Reiner pondered, scratching his head.

Eren nodded and smiled before we all went inside. Dinner was completely normal besides the point that Jean and Eren got into another argument, but that's not too surprising.

"You just have a crazy death wish!" Jean yelled, looking down on Eren. Eren grumbled and grabbed Jean's collar with a tight grip saying, "yeah well at least I'm going to fight for humanity while you hide in the interior!" At this point I've had enough. Since I was the closest to them I abruptly stood up, grabbed them both by the arm, and flipped them over onto the ground.

They both groaned in pain, moving slightly on the ground before slowly getting up. "That's enough out of you two. Now I suggest you stop fighting unless you want the same treatment again." I scolded hardening my complexion while looking at them, Eren and Jean shuddering and quickly agreeing to stop fighting.

I sighed and sat back down at my seat, eating this poor soup given to us. "I know you get fed up with the fighting but why'd you have to flip me too?" Eren complained rubbing the back of his neck. "Just because I'm your friend doesn't mean I won't set you straight Eren. You're always getting into trouble." I kept my face calm at first but then I smiled, remembering when we were kids.

"Remember when those kids were bothering Armin about that book on the outside world? Except you ran into it blindly like always Eren so Mikasa and I had to save your butt." I smiled, remembering all those little skirmishes we've gone through. The three nodded and smiled, remembering our childhood.

I smiled until my thoughts went to that one fateful day, the fall of wall Maria. "I'm going outside." I blankly said whilst standing up abruptly, catching the looks of most of the people in the mess hall.

"(Y/n) wait!" Arming called whilst trying to get up but Eren sat him back down. "I'll go after her, you two finish your food?" He responded, giving them a reassuring look.

As soon as I got outside I ran to the training area, pushing myself to run laps to fight my thoughts about that day. But before I could notice Eren was now right next to me running with me. "Eren what're you doing go back inside it's cold. Plus you need the rest before we have our last training for the day, it's in a half hour." I blankly said, but showing some worry on my face.

"No, you need the rest so I suggest you stop running before I tackle you." Eren smiled, he always cared for my well being no matter how hard I tried to tell him it wasn't needed. I smirked and said, "Well you'll have to catch me if you want to stop!"