Chapter 9

*Eren's P.O.V.*

I walked away from the two girls, for once a little irritated. "I need to apologize." I mumbled to myself, guilt washing over me for snapping out. I quickly turned my body back around, however (Y/n) and Mikasa were already gone. "Dang it-"

"Eren! C'mon, we're leaving!"

I turned back to see Armin waving at me with the rest of the squad. I nodded at him before trotting over, signaling that I was ready to go.

We all maneuvered our way through the buildings as we reached the middle of Trost where our station was. "Let's land here." Armin announced, everyone agreeing.

"Hey Armin, isn't this a great opportunity? If we prove ourselves here, before we apply for the Scout Regiment, we're bound to get recruited and earn fast promotions!" His gaze turned towards me as I spoke, excitement filling my body.

The look of fear and shock was quickly plastered on his face, but it soon turned to a smile. "Yeah that's for sure."

"I hate to disappoint you, but many from our class are candidates for the Scout Regiment." Mina interrupted, the glimmer of competition in her eyes.

"You beat me to the punch earlier, but not this time." Thomas expressed tauntingly. "That a challenge Thomas?" My eyes glistened, this'll make killing titans even better.

"Let's see who can kill more Titans-"

"Squad 34 move out! You are going to support the vanguard!" A soldier on a nearby building shouted at us, bringing us back to the reality of the mission.

"Okay lets go!" We all cheered while raising our swords, excitement and fear coursing through our bodies. "But promise me one thing... you won't die.." (Y/n)'s words rang through my mind, sadness filling my heart. That could've been our last conversation, and I was just a jerk.

"This many titans already!"

I looked up to see a large group of titans ahead of us, smoke rising in the air from a nearby fire. "The front line was totally dismantled!!" Shock filled everyone, the whole situation growing worse.

I knew this wasn't going to easy, but still this is too.. it's one of the peculiar types!!

"Stop!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, causing us to pull back as the titan launched itself into a tower. As I held myself on the side of a roof, we all watched the titan move its head out of the way of the tower into our sights.

N-no it can't be.. Thomas.. there in the titan's mouth, Thomas laid there with pure terror written all over his face. I shook from terror, being unable to move a single inch.

We all watched as the titan quickly swallowed Thomas whole, the thought of him now only being a memory. It started to walk away when anger overcame me, the loss of a friend being too much to bare.

"What the heck did you do?!" I quickly launched myself towards the titan, everyone shouting after me. I didn't care to listen, my friend was gone because of that monster.

"Darn you for taking Thomas! You are not going to get away with this!" I shouted with venom dripping off of every word. I sped as quickly as I possibly could, wanting to get revenge.

My swords glistened in the sunlight as I drew them out, readying myself to slice the nape of this scum of the world. As I nearer closer ready to strike, I felt an immense pain in my left leg before being launched into the air, landing painfully on a roof.

*Armin's P.O.V.*

I trembled as I watched all of my friends being devoured by titans, I can't even move. My knees gave out from underneath me as my gaze turned to Eren ahead of me.