Chapter 13

*Your P.O.V.*

"Eren's hearing? What's it about?"

"I'm not really sure, but it's probably regarding what they plan to do with Eren." Armin replied, causing Mikasa to become uneasy. "What do you mean 'what they plan to do'?" I interrupted, lifting my gaze up from my food.

"Most likely it'll be about whether to let him live or to kill him." Armin looked down at his food, his eyes looking troubled. I stood up abruptly with fear and a sad look on my face, hoping that what he said wasn't true.

"Mikasa and (Y/n) Ackerman! Armin Arlert! Are you present?" A man shouted as he came into the mess hall with two others. "Yes." I responded walking towards them a little.

"You've been ordered to appear as witnesses at this afternoon's hearing."

*Time skip*

Everyone watched as Eren came in through the courthouse doors, his arms chained behind his back. My eyes kept to him the whole time, happy to see him alive but for who knows how long. The military police made him kneel in the middle of the floor, and placed a pole over his chains so he couldn't move.

He turned to look around, his eyes landing on my with shock and sadness before looking forward.

"Shall we begin then? You are Eren Jeager, is that correct? You are a soldier sworn to protect the public, is that correct?" Started the man at the front of the room, looking at some papers in front of him. "Yes." Still not looking away from his papers he continued, "These are exceptional circumstances, thus hearing will be a military tribunal where ordinary laws do not apply. I have been given the authority to make all judgements, this examination will determine whether you live or die. Any objections?"

"No." Eren looked back down at the ground, my worry growing stronger by each second. The man continued to talk until another one spoke up, he appeared to be from the military police.

"I, Nial Dawn, commander of the Military Police will explain our proposal. We believe after a thorough examination of Jeager's body he should be done away with immediately. Granted, it is a fact that his titan powers allowed us to fend off this attack.. but his existence is now causing ripples that could lead to internal strife. So we should at least get as much data as possible out of him before we turn him into a martyr for those who died in battle."

"That won't be necessary! He is a vermin who used trickery to get past the wall.." a man interrupted, presumably the priest of the church here. The 'judge' at the front continued on, "next I wish to hear the Scout Regiment's proposal."

I turned my gaze to the blond commander as he stood up from his seat. "I, Erwin Smith, 13th commander of the Scout Regiment, will present our proposal. We of the Scout Regiment wish to induct Eren as a full-fledged member and use his titan powers to reclaim Wall Maria. That is all."

"Is that it?" The judge continued, appearing curious. "Yes. With his powers we can reclaim Wall Maria. We feel it is clear what our priorities should be." Erwin continued, appearing to stand his ground. "Might I ask where you would start in order to accomplish this plan? Pixis, wasn't the wall in Trost District completely sealed?"

"Yes, that gage will never open or close again."

"We hope to start out from Karanes Distrixt to the east, then proceed to Shiganshina District. We will work our way along a new route that we will create from scratch." Erwin added, some people in the jury becoming uneasy.

My gaze turned to Eren as a man had an outburst, causing an argument between many different people. "What guarantee do we have that the titans will wait for us while we seal and reinforce the gates? When you say 'we,' you're talking about the friends you're protecting so you can get fat. You pigs don't even notice the people who are struggling to eat because there isn't enough land." Levi interrupted, his gaze cold and annoyed.