Chapter 18

*Your P.O.V.*

"There I'm finally done."

I sighed and stood back, admiring my work. I had finally finished the dress, and not a moment too soon.. it was the day of the dance to welcome the new scouts.

I shook the sheet I held in my hands lightly to get any dust off before laying it overtop the mannequin with the dress, when suddenly there was a knock on my door.

I quickly walked over to it, opening the heavy oak door to reveal Levi standing there. "Oh hey Levi, what's up?" I smiled at him, though he seemed a little annoyed. "I believe your 'friends' are in the mess hall. They're extremely loud."

"Oh they're here! Thanks Levi!" I quickly ran off, Levi shouting after me but it was too late for that. I missed everyone so much. I made my way into the mess hall, panting as I threw open the doors.

"Wha- (Y/n)!" Sasha shouted as I trotted over to them, immediately being enveloped in a hug. "Hey guys I missed you all!" I smiled as I began hugging everyone.

"It's nice to see you again. How's the scout life for you?" Mikasa asked me, everyone's eyes on me. "It's actually pretty cool! Besides Levi making us clean a lot.." I whispered the last part, hopefully that he wasn't around.

"Where's Eren?"

"Oh he's doing experiments with Hange, he'll be back before the dance starts."

Everyone nodded as we began chatting, sitting down at one of the tables in the process. Surprisingly, hours went by of all of us messing around with each other and chatting, which Eren joined us pretty quickly after returning.

I turned my head to the window, it was getting dark. "Hey guys we should probably get ready for the dance.. it's getting dark." I announced, everyone quickly nodding their heads.

I quickly left the table and walked to my room, I could hardly wait to wear my dress. I've put so much work into it.

I opened my door and closed it, walking into my quiet room. I grabbed the sheet off the mannequin before stripping my clothes from my body.

My eyes wandered over every little seam in the dress, making sure nothing we wrong with it, before finally I slipped it on. I examined myself in the mirror, and everything fit snuggly, the dress was perfect.

I walked over to my flats and slipped them on before grabbing my pony tail, tying my hair back into a bun. I felt the cold metal of my locket before latching that around my neck, looking at myself one more time before leaving my room.

Here's what it looks like-

Just as I stepped outside my door, I was met by a wide-eyed Eren

Just as I stepped outside my door, I was met by a wide-eyed Eren. "O-Oh Hey.." I smiled as he continued to stare at me, a blush on his cheeks. Our eyes met before I looked at his clothing, he was wearing a white shirt with the top button unbuttoned, showing a bit of his chest, black pants, and boots.

"You look beautiful (Y/n).."

I felt my cheeks turn hot as he took a step closer to me, before grabbing my hand gently in his. "Y-you look very handsome Eren." I whispered, butterflies filled my stomach as I glanced at him again. He smiled at me before the two of us began walking to the mess hall.

The usual table filled mess hall was partly empty now, and many were enjoying drinks or talking with others. A group of people sat at the front of the room, playing music with different items I couldn't figure out.

"Eren! (Y/n)!"

Our friends surrounded us happily, they all looked nice, sort of dressed up but also casual. "Hey guys!" I smiled at them, leaning into Eren a bit more as we stood there.

"Aaahhh (Y/n) you look sooo pretty!!!!!!!! How did you afford this dres?!" Sasha bombarded me, temporarily setting down her piece of bread to feel my sleeve.

"H-heh.. well actually, I made it myself. It took awhile but I got it done!" Heat rose to my cheeks as everyone stared in awe, Reiner practically drooling.

"Y-you're so pretty.." Reiner stood in front of Bertholdt, getting a sigh as a response. I felt Eren's atm snake around my waist, pulling me closer to him as Reiner approached suddenly.

"She's mine. Back off." Eren calmly flared at Reiner, a loud sigh as he backed away defeated.

"Good evening everyone. I hope you're enjoying your evening here at the scout headquarters, I'm Erwin, your commander."

Everyone's attention was drawn to the front of the room at the small platform, to see Erwin, the caterpillar eyebrow man.

"I'd like you all to meet two of our captains, Levi Ackerman, and Hange Zoe. You'll be seeing them more often in preparation for our next expedition outside of the walls. That is all."

Clapping filled the room before everyone continued talking, music starting back up again. "When's the next expedition?" Armin asked, a bit of terror in his eyes. "Hmm, I can't remember. All I know is it's soon." I gave a soft smile, trying to reassure him.

"Give me my bread back!!!!!" Sasha shouted, tackling Connie to the floor with a loud 'thud.'

"How did I know it was yours you left it on the table!" Connor shouted back, almost everyone in the room staring.

I sighed and calmly put my hand on my head, hoping this would end soon... boy is this going to be a long night.

Yeah it's been awhile, sorry about that. I've had a bunch of stuff to do and well yeah, thank you for reading though!