CHAPTER 7: THE HAPPINESS OF A FAMILY (Part 5) | Siti Nuraini

Datuk Wong nodded his head slowly in acknowledgement. He seemed to be thinking about something. As more customers were pouring in for lunch, I excused myself to go and help. My staff was working very hard to serve our customers, so it was only right that I share the load. However, I would look in the direction of Datuk Wong every once in a while to see if he needed anything else. He seemed to be deep in thought for a long time.

When a long queue of customers waiting for tables developed, I noticed Datuk Wong getting up to leave. At the counter, I saw that both father and daughter did not speak much to each other. Was it ego or refusal to give in? I sighed quietly.

Throughout the remainder of her shift, Eunice did not say anything to me. Maybe she did not like it that I had invited her father into the café. Or perhaps she was thinking about issues concerning the two of them. I was not sure. I did not dare ask. She might have really thought I was poking my nose in her affairs.

Eunice shook my hand as usual before leaving the café. I hugged her tightly. I understood the anxiety she must be feeling. She had been found. No one could anticipate what would happen next. Whatever the case, I only wished the best for her. She was a good girl.

A moment later, I went out of the café to take the order of a customer sitting outside. I happened to see Eunice with her father. Both of them were walking side-by-side towards the junction.

I was beaming from ear to ear. Blood is thicker than water. Family ties are wonderful.