Eggman is a Dictator

In his lair, Eggman watches a mid-air, video projection from Omega's eyes, which reveals Shadow rescuing Sonic from the ocean.

Omega completes the transmission by vocalizing, "No I.D. code for the Shadroid, Sir."

Eggman commands, "Loop a replay in slow motion."

"Yes, Sir," Omega replies.

Eggman observes the transmission again, pondering.

Finally, he says, "It definitely makes sense that a Shadroid would take pity on an alien android. Why this Shadow android looks especially real and doesn't have a serial number is making me wonder."

Omega suggests, "Perhaps this one is rebelling, Sir."

Eggman continues. "Hmmm. Ever since my army saved the world from Black Doom, these androids have been nothing but helpful. Now some strange version of Sonic shows up and this Shadroid decides to have a heart? I can't have my empire ruined by some rugged, blue rat that one of these pathetic Shadroids feels sorry for!"

Omega receives a video message request from Rouge the Bat.

"Connection initiation from Rouge the Bat requested, Sir."

"Accept," Dr. Eggman tells him.

A new transmission shoots out of Omega's eyes.

Rouge begins with a wink.

"Hi Doctor! How are things going back on planet earth?"

"Not so good," Eggman tells her. "One of those Shadroids pulled that Sonic copy out of the ocean after you and the gang annihilated him. And Omega hasn't been able to lock onto where they went because this Shadroid has no serial code. His heat reading is coming up like an organic life form."

Rouge becomes bewildered.

"An organic life form? Like a real person? That's odd but there's no way... you must mean that, one of the Shadroids felt sympathy for a Sonic clone."

"Looks that way," says Eggman.

Rouge seems touched then asks Eggman, "If that Sonic was artificial like you said he was, then does it really matter if a Shadroid cared enough to rescue him?"

Rouge's suggestion rubs Eggman the wrong way. He snaps.

"Are you implying that I don't know what's best for my empire?"

"Hmph, no," Rouge tells him, "but I don't work for you because I think you're a great dictator. We have an agreement, remember? You pay me in precious stones and I keep people from getting in your way. I only fought that so-called phony Sonic because it's part of my contract. It's not like I wanted to hurt another Sonic. I'm not sure any of us did, but we trust you."

Eggman slams his fist onto the arm rest of his chair.

"That wasn't another Sonic! Did you see the color of his arms? Sonic's arms ARE NOT BLUE!"

Rouge yawns.

"Whatever. I thought he was pretty hunky actually. It's a shame to dump such a babe into the ocean like that. I'm kind of glad those Shadow robots sometimes care the way the real Shadow did."

Eggman growls.

"You sentimental goon, the real Shadow's been dead for years. I don't know why you have to mention him every time one of those androids does something nice for somebody. They're supposed to serve their leader, which is me. Me, me, me!"

Rouge motions an overly chatty person with her hands, patting her finger tips together like a talking puppet.

"Blah blah blah, so a Shadroid saved some hot alien-Sonic that I didn't even wanna kill in the first place. Big deal. I dunno why you find it so threatening."

Eggman goes flush with anger.

"Because, no one questions my authority. Those Shadroids work for me just like you do, Rouge!"

Rouge seems bored.

"Sure, sure. Just send me my payment and I'll do whatever you want."

He growls again.

"I want you to find that Shadroid and destroy him and that fake Sonic!"

Rouge rolls her eyes.

"Let me get this straight, you want me to kill two robots that look like two of my dearest friends because they care about each other? That seems unnecessary but you're the boss. Rouge out."