Not Friends Anymore

Near a canyon, Tails finally catches up to Modern Sonic by landing The Tornado right in front of him while Sonic tries to catch his breath.

"Sonic, please, I just wanna talk to you! I know you're mad but you've been running away from me for a whole day and you gotta be tired and..."

Exhausted but still ready to take off running again, Sonic yells, "Then talk already!"

Tails hops out of the plane in front of Sonic and clasps his hands.

"What we did was wrong. We shouldn't have attacked that other Sonic. Eggman is wrong and you're right! If we would do that to a clone or a bot that looks like you, just cause Eggman tells us to, what's to stop us from doing it to you? I'm sorry, we all are! Please, forgive me, it was an evil thing to do! I'm sorry, Sonic! You're my best friend!"

Sonic folds his arms and says, "I don't believe any of you guys are really my friends anymore. Not you, not Knuckles, not Amy, not Rouge, none of you."

"No Sonic, we are! We made a mistake! Maybe somehow, we can fix it. Maybe we can retrieve that bot from the ocean!"

Sonic shakes his head.

"I don't believe that was a bot. That was another me and you guys killed him... for Eggman! You're not my friend, Tails. Not anymore."

"Sonic, please! I'm so sorry!" Tails begs.

Sonic turns away and says, "You guys made it pretty clear... whatever Eggman says, goes. That's your motto and I'm not interested. Consider me officially off the grid."

Sonic zooms away.

"Sonic, wait!"

Tails hops back into The Tornado and starts the plane but something under the hood blows up.

"Are you kidding me? I made you to withstand more than this! Don't poop out on me, not now!"

He flies to the engine and pops the hood. The engine explodes. In the knick of time, Tails yelps and propellers out of range from a collision with flung parts. In dismay, he watches the transmission burst into flames.