Reunited

Team Blackout Dark enters the control room, where Tails, Knuckles, Amy and now, Rouge, await. Tails jumps with glee at the sight of Modern Sonic.

"Sonic! You came, both of you and..." everyone gasps except for Rouge.

"Told you they were both still alive," she says, giving Boom and Shadow a wink.

Knuckles goes to Shadow and pokes him in the shoulder.

"Shadow the Hedgehog? But, you're dead!"

Shadow shoves him away.

"Do I feel dead to you? Personal space, Knuckles."

"Wow," Knuckles says in awe, "you were right, Rouge. Gosh, it's great to have you back, Shadow!"

Amy runs to Shadow.

"Shadow! We all cried so hard when we thought you died! I'm so happy you're here with us again!"

Shadow is about to explain to them what he told Modern, the whole thing about being from an alternate dimension... but... he realizes it's a bit too heartbreaking to admit, that this dimension's Shadow really did perish alone in space. He stops himself.

"Yeah, me too. Thanks, Amy."

Tails goes to Boom and begs.

"And you, other Sonic, we're so sorry we beat you up! It was the worst thing I've ever done in my whole life and I've regretted it every minute since we did it. Please forgive us."

Boom puts his hand on Tails' shoulder.

"Of course, Buddy. No hard feelings. Don't even worry about it."

Tails' eyes water. He hugs Boom real tight.

Rouge struts to Shadow's side. "Working side by side again is something I've fantasized about for years. So what do ya think, Shadow? You wanna help us shut down Eggman's communication hub? After all, you know the ARK better than anyone."

Tails explains, "If we can shut down Eggman's communication system, all his bots on Earth will be useless to him."

Shadow nods, "You're right, it'll be like dismantling his army, everything he uses to control the planet will power down."

Tails beams, "That's right, Shadow! The problem is, there's a giant mech in the way."

"YES!" Modern shouts with an excited fist pump.