The Rude, Blunt Kid|Hey Mate

C h a p t e r  F i v e

Three things.

First; I want to pee. Like really pee to the point I'd probably shed a tear when I do. Second; my ass hurts. Like sitting for a long period of time makes it cramped and I can't stand up since it also doesn't help. Third; what the fck is she doing here?

"My name is Star Butterfly," she looks at everyone with a dull look on her face. She looks very unapproachable for an eleven year old kid. She stares straight ahead like she wasn't even blinking.

Mrs. Dalen, our homeroom teacher, gives out an unease face by the brat's cold gesture. She must feel pressured and at the same time suffocating by her. "Anything to add on, sweetie?"

Star looks at her and opens her mouth. "Just one thing; don't bother approaching me. I don't appreciate you being all plastic and trying to be-friend the "kid"."

Mrs. Dalen was speechless, in fact everyone is by her harsh but truthful words. I didn't know what to feel right now. Should I entertain my personal needs or stay shock that this kid who's three years younger than me is suddenly attending here?

Star passes by the rows of seats with  everyone's eyes dangling at her. She couldn't be bothered to care about it and proceeded to walk by. Then as her eyes scanned around the people in the chairs, she suddenly landed her eyes on me.

Her mouth parted open with a surprised expression painted on her face for a split second before it turns back to stoic and eyed me for a good few seconds before walking past by my seat and took a chair from behind.

"I-I hope everyone in the class would welcome Star," Mrs. Dalen says awkwardly, her words being an irony at this point and my ass hurts.

I raised my hand. "Marco? You want to tour Star to the whole campus?"

I looked at her confused. My eyebrows crossed and my face probably undescribable in this point. "Wait--- what?"

"I'd be really nice if you tour Star around," Mrs. Dalen smiles and I feel cornered, at the same time my ass cramps and my pee is threatening to spill.

I was literally like a ticking bomb. "B-but I didn't sa--"

"Marco, you are a very kind and approachable person and I think..." she continues to ramble and I couldn't take it anymore. So as annoyed and pissed I was, I cut her off. "Fine! I'll tour her! I'll tour her! Just let me pee because I'm gonna piss myself!"

She smiles warmly and I barely escaped as I ran as fast as I could without any piss dripping off me.

///

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, sounding a little hostile as I clicked my tongue.

She looks at me and raises a brow. "What are YOU doing here?"

I slapped my forehead in frustration. I thought I would never see her again. She's such a hissy kid and now here she is, in the same class, for the rest of the year. "You know, you looked so different in class."

She stretches her arm. "I like to differentiate my personal life and professional life."

I raised my brows. "What do you mean?"

She glances at me like I'm the dumbest person she's  ever met. "School isn't a place to be friendly with all smiles. School is just a training place to prepare yourself for the real reality waiting ahead."

"Have you always thought that way?" I answered, looking up to the sky.

Deep inside me I feel sympathetic for this kid's way of thinking. She's so cold and harsh towards herself. "What if I do? Will you scold me, saying that it's so wrong and feel like you're so accomplished?"

I shook my head. "I won't."

"Good."

"Marco," she called my name for the first time. I looked at her, waiting for her  to speak. "--isn't the sky lovely?"

I sighed, letting out a smile. She's really so weird and spontaneous, it's like a rollercoaster whenever I'm with her. "Well, the sky is always lovely. If you look at the clouds, you can imagine or connect things and faces."

She lets out a faint smile. "Yeah. Because for the first time, I've just noticed how beautiful the sky really is."

"What do you mean?"

She faces me and smirked. "Stop asking and think of a second. You're like that kid who keeps on asking that it's pissing me off."

"Are you comparing me to a kid?" I darted a glare at her and she smiles smugly. "What are you gonna do, call mommy?"

July 7,2019