S P E C I A L C H A P T E R II

ANOTHER SPECIAL!

Dedicated to : SIXLACK

Star's Past (2nd Grade)

"

Star, what is twelve times twelve?" Lucia, one of my dear friends, look at me in the eyes with her innocent and big orbs of eyes. I smirk and whip my hair. "144. Wait---isn't that too easy?"

Lucia's eyes widen and other kids who decided to join in chime in suprise. "Really? But we don't even know how to mulitply yet. You're so smart, Star."

A kid raises their hand and my eyes dart to them. "I searched this word. I bet you won't know what it means," a smile then spreads on my lips as I awaited for their challenge. "It's flabber--flabbergwas---Wait, I forgot. Uhm---"

"Flabbergast, right?" I corrected and the kid's eyes lit up. "Yeah, something like that. Do you know what it means?"

I let out a chuckle. "Fufu. You are underestimating me kid. It means being suprised. So are you flabbergasted or not?"

Everyone claps their hands at my excellence. "How do I become like you, Star?" Mendia, a kid who picks her boogers often, asks. I try not to let my head get too big, but their praises make me feel so special and valuable. "I dunno. I was born with it."

"So does that mean, that there is also a chance someone can be born like Spiderman?" A kid asks and I scratch my head. "I guess. I don't know that much, but if we believe then it could be."

"Then I want to be like Spiderman," the kid declares. A kid follows until everyone declares what they wanted to be. Lucia taps on my shoulder and looks at me with sadness in her eyes. "Star, I-I heard what Miss Daphne told you."

I pause. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hear it, but are you really going to leave us and skip to 4th grade?" she looks like tears are going to come flowing.

I shook my head and wiped her tears. "Lucia, I won't. Whether I'm smart or not doesn't matter, if you're here, then I'm staying."

"Really?" she says and I nod to which she pulls me in a hug. "I love you Star!"

"I-I love you too," I say, a little too suffocated by her hug. I pat her back gently to let me go and she giggles. "Wanna play with us, spin the bottle?"

"Sure."

///

"What are you kids doin here?" A girl with a berret asks, sitting on the dirt with two of her other friends. One was busy reading a sophisticated book while the other was facing his back on us. They look way older than us.

Lucia smiles. "Can we join you?"

The girl with berret raises her brow. "Why? This isn't for kids. This is for grown-ups bud," the guy then playfully smacks her shoulder. "Janna. Don't be rude to kids."

Janna looks away and gruffs. "Fine. Whatever brats, just sit beside that goody boy. Always acting like such a hero, pfft."

And so we played spin the bottle for such a long time that we didn't notice the sun going down. The older kids stood up and the guy with a mole on his facr smile upon us and waved us goodbye. But as they left, he left something behind.

I picked it up and it was a silver ring. I tried to catch up to them, but they were gone. I looked at the ring and it said. Jarco♡ carved on a black marker.

10-5-19