The Rude, Blunt Kid|Friends

C h a p t e r  E i g h t 

"What are you doing here?" she hisses upon seeing me come close to her. I halt, my eyes staring at her dull eyes. "I-I u-uh, uhm I was just kinda wanting some fresh air."

She sneered. "Cut that crap Marco Diaz. I know you're here since you feel pity for me or something, well  you shouldn't stick your darn nose in someone's business."

I held my hand up. "Come on. I'm your friend, I'm on your side," I stepped closer and she bursts out a sarcastic chuckle, her eyes narrowing at me. "Since when were you my friend? Did I ever established that? Sorry to burst your bubble but you're no one to me Diaz."

"Well that sucks," I answer and sat beside her to which she scoots away from me like I'm some virus. "--we've been through a lot together and you still don't think I'm your friend?"

"More like a foe," she murmurs. "--you're an eyesore. Just leave me alone Marco Diaz, stop acting like my friend because I don't need it."

"You're such a problematic child," I blew a sigh. She burries her face down  to her knees. "Well you're a cockroach, always pestering me around."

"Because you're a kid!" I reason out. "--you have so many issues and you're still twelve."

"How about you get a life because being nobody at sixteen sounds pityful," she jabs at me. I stared above the pure, clear sky and wondered what lies beyound the sky. "I have a life kid, you just don't see it because the only time you see me is when I'm alone."

"And shouldn't you get a life too? Being alone at twelve sounds miserable. How can you possibly socialize with people as you get older?" I look at her.

This time she suprised me. "Touchè," she agrees and doesn't fight back. It felt weird because she would always have a comeback for me but this time she kept silent.

"How can you see me as your friend when all I do is push you away?" she speaks after a moment of silence. She lifts her head and stares at me with her blueish eyes, wondering and poundering for answers.

"See? You're still too young," I reply. "--Star, everyone has problems and issues deep within them. We have reasons for how we treat people, whether it's  our defense or our way of achieving tranquil. You're my friend because, uh.. "

She lets out a triumphant smile. "See? It was going well until that part. You can't even answer my question, Zitco."

"You don't need to force yourself," she replies and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "--I don't really mind not having a friend."

"I'm not forcing myself!" I insisted. "--you're my friend because, because you helped me forget the ache I felt."

She raises a brow. "What ache? How did I exactly help you?"

"Remember the first time I met you?" she nods. "--my girl--e-ex girlfriend broke up with me and I ran away. I was scared what her reason was. Was I being forceful? Clingy? Selfish? Boring?"

"So I ran here and met you," I paused. "--you were so sarcastic and rude that I forgot the ache I felt, the reason I ran away."

"So you had a girlfriend," she mutters to herself.

"Do you want to be my friend that bad?" she asks me and I stare at her. "--if you want, you can be my aquaintance."

Before I could reply, she says it loudly and defensively. "You should be grateful since you would be the very first I could consider my aquaintance!"

I chuckle at her stubborn ways, it's adorable. "What's the requirement Ms. Butterfly?"

She looks away and a tint of red spreads across her cheeks and ears. "Y-you have to be there f-for me w-when I need you. Y-you have to be understanding and patient, t-that's all."

"I accept the terms ma'am," I grin and she takes a quick glance at me.

She fishes out something from her pocket and throws it on impulse at me to which I squirm trying to catch it on my hold. I opened my palm and it was a lolipop, the same lolipop she always ate and when I looked at me she was looking at me with a timid look on her face. "It's a sign of of our aquaintance, Zitco."

She extends her hand to me. "Will you accept it?"

I nod, smiling as I grabbed her hand, shaking it. "Why not?"

July 20,2019