3

The Case of the Missing Lifeguard•

(When Max is explaining about happy screams)********************************************

********************************************

(Unedited)

I used the Phoenix to find Max, she was pretty easy to track down, yet when I got there I was outside a cabin, I could heard music playing from outside, I also sensed a familiar presence that is pretty hard to miss. Eleven was here.

I knocked on the door but there was no answer, I burned the lock off the wooden door, trying my best not to burn down the entire cabin.

"Eleven?" I shouted, the music stopped completely, I saw a door slam open and there she stood, her hair looked long now and it was curly and frizzy, she looked so different, she looked beautiful. She was wearing something that looked like it came from my wardrobe, the dress complimented her alot though.

"Cameron?!"She shouted, her voice had changed too, it had more volume and character in it, I ran toward her, trying my best to dodge the furniture scattered around the cabin.

I embraced her in a ribcrushing hug as did she. I pulled away before looking at her properly, she seemed to have a stronger character now, I hugged her again.

"Where have you been?" She asked, Not letting go.

"I moved to live with my parents for a while, I'm sorry I left you to fight those things on your own" I near cried, The ginger girl behind her just stood there awkwardly as we had our little reunion.

"You're here now, thats all that matters" She replied pulling away from the hug.

"Oh, This is Max" She smiled moving out of the way so I could have a proper look at the red head. I moved forward and shook her hand.

"Hi, I'm Cameron Harrington" I smiled, She shook my hand before realisation hit and she gasped.

"Your Steve's sister that went missing aren't you?" she asked, I gave a little nod before crossing my arms.

"I actually came to find you" I replied, She looked at me confusedly.

"Me?" She asked, pointing to herself, I nodded, before speaking up again.

"I need to talk to you about your brother..... Billy Hargrove" She rolled her eyes at the name, I'm gathering there is bad blood between the pair.

"What about him?" She said, her tone had completely changed, she seemed somewhat annoyed that I was asking.

Don't tell her.

I sighed before replying with a quick 'doesn't matter' I quickly brushed the subject off before smiling at El.

"Have you told they guys that you're alive?" She asked, I shook my head looking down ashamed. She just placed her hand on my forearm giving me a small smile.

"So uh, Cameron-" Max started but I cut her off.

"It's just Cam" I replied, with a small smile. She nodded taking note.

"Cam, El and I are about to play a game. Obviously if you used to be friends you know about El's powers?" She asked walking into the back room, Eleven and I followed her in as i saw a bunch of names post-it noted onto a red piece of cardboard. There was an empty bottle next to the 'game'.

"Yeah" I smiled, I didn't want to tell her about my powers just yet, Phoenix was talking to me the whole time telling me not to tell her anything, it doesn't trust people easy.

"Wanna play?" El asked, I took off my shoes leaving me in my white socks that had a rainbow strip round the ankles.

"Sure" I replied sitting down on the bed next to them, El spun the bottle and it landed on Mr Wheeler, AKA the most boring person on the planet. I laughed as the girls both cringed, she then re-spun it and I made it land on Billy.

"Okay, look, I should just warn you, if he's with a girl or doing something gross, just get out of there right away before you're scarred for life" Max warned getting up to grab the radio.

"Max" Eleven laughed, she then tuned the radio so that it was on static.

"Okay, shutting up now"

Max and I sat there waiting for El to see and report back to us, she and I sat in awkward silence waiting for her so be done. I could sense her pulse raising.

Just as I was getting a little bored Eleven ripped the blindfold off, breathing heavily as blood dripped down to her lip.

"El are you okay?" I asked, she looked at me still panicking, as she tried to gain her breath.

"He saw me" I gave her a horrified look, this isn't possible, in fact that proved the scene that Phoenix showed me.

*****************

Soon enough we were in the middle of some street walking up to some random house, Max said it was Billy's which gave me the perfect opportunity to look around and gather more intel.

"Look I believe you saw some super weird stuff, totally, but, you said Mike has sensed you in there before, right? So maybe it was just like that. Maybe Billy just....sensed you somehow" Max rambled on, she was kind of getting on my nerves now, walking up to this house I could feel my skin getting hotter.

"But the screams" El asked confusedly, I saw Max's brain working like clockwork when a scenario popped up.

"Yeah, I know, but here's the thing. When Billy is alone with a girl, they make like, really crazy noises." Max explained, she seemed uncomfortable with the topic.

"They scream?"

"Yeah, but, like.... happy screams"

"Oh my god, Nancy used to happy scream when she was with Steve" I interrupted, Max tried to fight back a laugh, but I really didn't understand.

*******

Max unlocked the door to Billy's house and already I felt sick, like a huge pressure was just put on my body.

"Why do I feel like we're going to find all sorts of wrong in here?" Max asked rhetorically, I sighed crossing my arms to try and take away the nauseous feeling, but nothing helped. The room was a shithole, nothing was clean and here was empty food cartons all around he room, some hidden under piles of clothes, heavy metal music was blasting through the place as we walked around to find something, we didn't know what but just something.

I heard El and Max talking in the bathroom so I decided to join them, they were leaning over the bathtub examining the empty, melted packets of Ice.

"Guys" I spoke up crouching doesn't in front of the sink cabinet, there was blood smeared on it not much but enough to know its there. I grabbed the handles looking up at the two girls to which they gave me a small nod, I pulled the doors open hesitantly, when all I saw was a green bin with a piece of red material hanging out. My skin was bound to be at least 60 degrees (Celsius).

I reached slowly into the bin pulling out the red bag, it had the stamp of a life guard on it, I didn't know there was a pool in Hawkins but clearly there is and something happened to one of the life guards.

Soon as I held the beg up properly I saw an image flash in front of my eyes, more specifically a name. Heather.