11

•The Bite•

********************************************

"He said he was building something" El spoke over the loud noise of fireworks going off outside, there was a buzzing in my head that wasn't allowing me to fully focus, and I felt like every time a firework went off it was exploding in my ears, the noise had been dialled up to 100, "That it was all for me and Four"

"Building something....Is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked looking around, the noise getting louder the more people spoke, the bangs from the fireworks becoming harsher on my eardrums.

"He must be" Nancy replied pacing behind me. I saw Will notice me flinch when a firework went off in the distance.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought" Lucas sighed looking over at Mike who was still sat beside me his hand on my back, it was almost at the point where I couldn't hear any of them.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread" Mike spoke up from beside me, I reached my hands up to my ears to try and block out some of the noise.

"He's building it to stop the girls" Will finished for him.

"I need some air" I whispered getting up and quickly walking over to the door, everyone turned towards me as I slammed the door open and walked onto the porch, it slamming back shut after me.

Once I was outside in the cold air I felt better, everything was now back to normal, the fireworks were now once again in the distance.

I saw the door open and Mike came walking out, standing next to me as we both looked out into the woods, I undid the buckles of my white dungarees, and lifted the bottom of my burgundy shirt up to my waist revealing a mass of black vines crawling up my stomach.

"Is that?...." Mike asked looking at them wide eyed.

"Its the same as the ones two years ago, but I'll be fine"

"Cami you said that last time. Why do they appear?" He asked sounding generally concerned as I pulled my top back down and fastened my buckles again.

"They appear when I lose control......and when I lose control bad things happen, but it feels....good?" I told him almost questioning myself, I can't believe my own words.

"Why does it--" He started but I quickly told him to 'shh' as I could hear a faint screeching noise in the distance along with the sound of wood snapping, the cabin door flung open as the rest of the group began to pile out of the cabin.

"Well he looks friendly" I spoke up as all of us stared down the muddy road at the Mind Flayer, he was crushing trees either side to make space for his body.

"Holy shit" Lucas whispered under his breath. I saw Nancy take off over to the shed, I'm assuming to grab something useful.

"Get back inside" Johnathan shouted to us, I held my waist as I felt it begin to sting a little, Mike grabbed my arm and pulled me back inside. The door finally closing when Nancy returned with a shotgun.

"Block the exits" Max shouted as everyone began to move sideboards and chairs to block all the doors.

"Yeah cause a set of drawers is gonna stop that thing" I sighed rolling my eyes as I walked over to the kitchen to grab an axe from the corner, I'm assuming Hopper used it to collect wood.

I quickly handed it to Johnathan before grabbing Mike's upper arm and pulling him away from the window. Everyone all joined in the center of the room, all facing in different directions, ready for him to attack.

Lights began to shake as picture frames fell off the walls. The stomping noise increasing along wih the stinging in my side.

"It's close" Will whispered from beside me.

"No shit Sherlock" I sighed looking up at a rack of plates that were shaking. The sound of trees being crushed getting louder, then all at once the noises stopped.

"Where'd it go?" Max asked, I looked up at the dark window as if I was waiting for it to jump out.

The loud noise of the creature shrieking made us all jump back, wood flying everywhere as one of its arms burst through a wall in the cabin. Going straight for El.

"Johnathan!" I shouted from behind Mike, the young brunette then ran over swinging his axe into the slimey arm. As it then turned on Johnathan Nancy shot at it with her gun, though it proved to have zero effect, it just turned on her backing her up against a wall as she shot her round at it.

It was about to pounce when I saw El reach her hand up. It stopped just inches away from Nancy's face, Eleven then proceeded to pull it away from the frightened girl and snap the arm in half.

"Oh my God" I sighed now grabbing my side with all my might, in attempt to somehow ease the pain. I was interrupted as another wall was broken and another. El had both her hands up holding the two arms from getting to her. I ran pas Mike just about dodging his hands that tried to grab my arms.

I slid under one of the slimey arms and stood infront of El, setting fire to the holes in the wall where the arms came in, making a loud shriek to fill the woods and the slimey tenticle like arms to go back out of the cabin the way they came.

"Are you alr-?" I asked her but got cut short by the sound of a loud bang and something grab my leg, I reached my hands out to grab anything I could, yet the only thing that was around was the rug on the floor.

"CAMERON!" I heard Mike shout as the group all ran over to me grabbing my arms stopping the creature from pulling me up, yet they were all slipping as it slowly began to pull me up.

"Nancy shoot it!" Johanthan shouted, I was now near screaming as it dug its claws into my leg. I could feel the vines spreading around my body. Lucas began to slash it with the axe as Nancy shot at it's head.

With one last blow I fell to the floor, the claws still in my leg, I fell into Mike's arms as he moved the hair out of my face to check if my eyes were closed which they nearly were.

"Cami! Cameron are you okay?" He rushed holding the back of my neck. I gave him a small nod as he looked down at the claws in my leg, getting up and moving down. After about 5 seconds I felt him yank the claw from my leg, making me screech in pain. I opened my eyes again to see El trying to help me up.

The creature was overhead looking down on all of us, growling and snarling as it shook its head. I was helped to my feet as blood dripped from my leg onto my white converse, a big stream of blood on my white dungarees.

The more the creature snarled and shrieked at me the more I began to lose control, but I couldn't... not here. I was in a wooden cabin filled with people.

So El lifted her arms up at it and screamed as loud as she could her powers becoming stronger as she let loose. I felt myself losing balance as I fell into Will who was stood behind me, regaining my balance as he caught me.

It was all a blur but next thing I knew I was being ushered out of the cabin and into a car, sitting next to Mike as he saw the vines were now on my face.

"I'm getting Major Déjà vu" I sighed as he brushed the hair from out of my face. I sighed as the car was started up and we drove off as quick as possible, the car skidding a little at the force of acceleration.

A/N

It's crappy I know but I'm not good at writing action scenes, it's hard to describe everything that's going on.

So I apologise for it being bad but I'm trying my best xxxx

- Haulston