2

•Mall Rats•

*******************************************Max's POV:

Max's POV:

"Come on try this on" I laughed at El who was messing with the braces she had on. "Its cute don't you think?"

She gave a slight nod as she took it from my hand and went into the changing room. A few minutes past and she came out with a small smile not leaving her lips.

"Cameron" She said as she looked at her reflection in the mirror, shoving her hands into the pockets of the dungarees.

"what?" I asked confusedly, she just snapped back into reality before explaining.

"Cameron, shes an old friend. She wore these, all the time." El replied, she seemed sad about this girl Cameron.

"Well she had good style, and they suit you, you should buy them" El shook her head at me before going back into the changing room and trying another vibrant outfit on.

***************

Afer a long day of El and I running around Starcourt we finally agreed it was time to leave. We walked out eating the Ice-creams we brought from Scoops Ahoy.

"Wanna trade?" I asked El, to which she laughed and offered her icecream in exchange for mine. we were both giggling when I spotted Mike, Lucas and Will.

"Oh you've gotta be shitting me" I spoke rolling my eyes, as I saw the three boys taking their bikes out of the rack. El looked over at the boys with furrowed eyebrows. "Isn't this a nice surprise" I shouted walking over to them, El following closely behind.

Mike dropped his bike on the floor with his mouth hanging open.

"What, are you doing here?" He asked El, pointing directly at her.

"Shopping" She replied her mouth filled with ice cream.

"This is her new style. What do you think?" I asked mike, with a cocky smile.

"What's wrong with you? You know she's not allowed to be here" Mike argued while giving me the dirtiest look possible.

"What is she, your little pet?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah, Am I your pet?" El asked him.

"What? No!" He spoke, his voice going extremely high when he did.

"Then why do you treat me like garbage?" El asked, I was quietly happy she was finally finding her voice.

"What?" Mike asked.

"You said nana was sick"

"She is. She is. She is sick." Mike argued to which Lucas started getting involved. Repeating 'she is' over and over again.

"She's super sick. That's why we're here , actually." Lucas told El yet she seemed to be having none of it.

"Yeah, we're shopping. Not for us, but for her, for Nana" Mike agreed, "Also, we're here to get a gift for you. Just we couldn't find anything that suited you and I only have, like, $3.50, so its hard"

"You lie" El spoke walking forward toward Mike, "Why do you lie?" She asked, her voice wobbling a little. I heard the bus pull up behind us, El and I both looked over at the bus to see the people getting on and off.

She then turned around before walking forward toward Mike, slowly her eyebrows furrowed as she nearly dropped her ice-cream.

"I dump your ass" She spoke, making me look at her wide eyed.

*************************************

Cameron's POV:

My dad dropped me off in front of the Mall where Steve had told me to meet him, This wasn't here when I lived here, I looked up at the Mall sign saying 'Starcourt' I had a weird feeling about this place. I brushed it off before walking inside, seeing all of the beautiful colours overwhelmed me at first.

I had to find a place called 'Scoops Ahoy', Steve said that he would meet me there, as he is finishing his shift soon. I walked around the Mall for quite a while before I stumbled finally upon the small Ice-Cream store.

I saw some girl stood at the counter serving, Erica Sinclaire. Wow she's grown over the past two years. I heard some girl kicking off in the corner because she was covered in smoothie.

"It just exploded, out of nowhere, I'm covered in it" I remember that girl, her names Stacy. She was the biggest suck up on earth.

"Hey, Kid. What can I get you?" The girl behind the counter asked, she seemed pissed and tired at the same time.

"Is Steve here?" I asked politely, she turned around to open the little hatch that lead to the back.

"Steve another one of your kids are here" She shouted, I saw the door slam open, and my brother ran out. He rushed straight over and picked me straight off the floor spinning me around.

"Cameron!" He shouted, making me laugh. The other girl just stood there looking a little confused and weirded out. He put me down before comparing his height with mine. "Did you get taller?"

"I hope so, I was unbelievably short when I left" I laughed, He then turned to the girl behind the counter before clearing his throat and deepening his voice.

"Robin, This is Cameron, Cameron this is Robin" I gave the girl a small smile before shaking her hand. "Cameron is my little sister"

"Wait you have a sister" She asked a little confused, I crossed my arms looking at steve with furrowed eyebrows. "You never mentioned having a sister"

"Well Steve isn't one to brag, unless it's about his hair" I spoke up, facing Robin.

"Trust me I know" She said rolling her eyes.

"Have you seen any of the others yet? You know, like told them your alive?" He asked, I shook my head, before signalling to him that I wanted to talk to him privately.

We sat down at a booth in the corner, I needed to find out some background information on what the Phoenix had showed me.

"I need to ask you a question, its important..... Do you know someone called Billy Hargrove?" I asked, Steve's face seemed to harden at the mention of the name.

"Yeah, he's a dick Cam, don't be getting involved with someone like him" I shook my head as Steve looked at me directly.

"Trust me I'm not, But do you know a person close to him, say a family member or something?" I asked, he thought about it for a few seconds before nodding and snapping his fingers.

"He has a younger sister, same age as you, her name is Max" He replied, "She's with that Sinclaire kid"

"Lucas has a girlfriend?" I laughed out of shock. He nodded before I gathered my composure again and stood up. "I need to speak with her"

"Okay, just... be home by 8" He smiled, I gave a small nod before leaving the store.