12

•The Bite•

(When Mike is struggling to tell Cam how he feels)*******************************************

*******************************************

Mike and Max grabbed my arms and helped me out of the car, pulling each one of my arms and resting it on their shoulders. I was hopping over to the small grocery store as El used her powers to open the doors. All of us piling into the store one by one.

They set me down in one of the isles, the shelves digging into my back as I moved to outstretch my leg. Nancy was grabbing bits of first aid packets, including bandages, rubbing acohol. Just the sight of the liquid in her hand made me want to cry, the only thing I could think of in this moment was how much I wanted Steve to show up. He had always been there for me when I got hurt and now he's god knows where.

"Okay, lemme see" Nancy said gently as she reached for the bottom of my dungarees the white now fully red.

"Oh, shit" Max whispered as she looked down at it, I threw my head back in pain and gritted my teeth. I could feel El sat next to me holding my arm.

"What- woah- hey what are you doing?" Max asked stopping Nancy as she opened up a packet of wipes.

"I'm cleaning the wound" Nancy said in a rush, everyone was panicking and rightfully so.

"No, first, we stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage. I skateboard, trust me" Max told them looking up at Nancy and Johnathans faces.

"Shes right" I groaned, gripping my thigh to try and stop some of the bleeding, Max then put a piece of tissue onto my leg and looked up a Mike.

"Mike hold this, keep the pressure on it, nice and firm okay?" Mike seemed to cringe at the sight of blood that was now dripping onto the floor around my leg. Mike did as he was told and pushed his hand down on my leg making me let out a loud groan. "We're gonna need water, soap"

"Yeah, okay" Nancy and Johnathan said in unison before they both got up and nearly ran down the isle. I heard the sound of plastic and other objects hitting the floor, so I opened my eyes to see Lucas had completely emptied his backpack.

"Does any of this help?"

"No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl" Max replied almost stunned by his stupidity. El then nodded and got up to leave with the boys. After about 2 minutes Max sighed and got up.

"I'll go see where those morons got to"

I gave a small nod as I wiped some of the sweat from my forehead, my eyes falling onto Mike who's breathing hadn't slowed since we got here.

"D-Does it hurt?" He asked, to which I gave him a 'What do you think' look, I finally sat up and managed to calm down, which made him also calm down, "Think of it this way, you're gonna have and awesome scar, you'll look even more badass"