7

•The Flayed•

(When she's talking to Mike in the hospital)********************************************

********************************************

"I found him" El whispered, not removing the makeshift blindfold from her eyes.

"Where is he?" I asked shuffling forward my hand accidentally brushing against Mikes making me look down awkwardly.

"Woods. He's with... Will's mom" The young girl replied, I looked up at Will who was leaning on the back of the sofa. He perked up when he heard that.

"M-my mom?"

"What are they doing?" Max asked, I had told everyone that Max didn't know about my powers and that I needed them to keep them a secret.

"Ill...Annoy" El struggled, I forgot that her English still isn't perfect, "They're going to Ill-Annoy"

The atmosphere was ruined by Mike's mom banging on the basement door, "Mike breakfast!"

"Not now mom!" Mike near screamed, seemingly getting really irritated by his mother.

"Illinois? Illinois, like the state? The state of Illinois?" I asked, Mike looked at me as I asked, confusion washing over his face.

El pulled off her blindfold before looking at me and shrugging.

"Okay, lets get you cleaned up" I smiled standing up and walking over to the bathroom where Max and Eleven followed. I opened the small cabinet and pulled out an old flannel. (don't know hat they're called in America) After running it under the warm tap I gently reached up to wipe the blood from  under El's nose.

The young girl began to trace her fingers over her bruises, where I'm assuming Billy held her.

"Does it still hurt?" Max asked, as I placed the flannel in the sink and sat on the lid of the toilet.

"Only when I talk" She whispered, I crossed my arms over my chest and gave her a pityful look.

"Well it's a good thing you're not Mike then, Blah blah blah you'd be in constant pain" I laughed making the other two laugh along.

We could hear Mike, Lucas and Will arguing in the other room, something about us conspiring against Mike and shit.

"She said she dumped your ass that doesn't sound like a break" Will whisper shouted failing horribly as trying to keep quiet.

"It wasn't!" I shouted making El and Max laugh, "You guys do realise we can still hear everything you're saying, right?"

"We should probably get out of the bathroom" I whispered standing u and opening the bathroom door.

"Not now mom!" Was the first thing i heard when i opened the door, followed by a...

"Mike, open the door" Coming from Nancy, I recognised that voice anywhere, I wasn't exactly too fond of Nancy being as tho she broke my brothers heart.