15

•The battle of Starcourt•

(When she hears Mike shout her name)******************************************

******************************************

After Steve, Robin, Dustin and Erica left I was sat with Mike, his leg was bouncing as he nervously looked around the mall.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay" I smiled placing my hand on his knee.

"I don't want you to leave again Cami, last time these vines appeared you disappeared. I don't wanna lose you again"

"You won't... you hear me? Mike I promise you I'm not going anywhere" I smiled taking my hand from his knee and sitting back up straight.

"Swear?" He asked holding his little finger up. I reached up and wrapped my little finger with his.

"I swear"

"You know if you break this, I get to break your little finger right?" He sassed raising his eyebrows.

"What? Who made up that rule?" I argued scoffing.

"I don't kn--"

"Guys come on we gotta go" Max shouted as she walked over to us interruping Mike. she grabbed my arm and put it around her shoulders as Mike wen the other side.

***************

Once we were in the car I was sat leaning against Mike when my nose started to bleed?.... I wasn't even using my powers.

Nancy revved the car a few times yet got no result, it was as if the ignition cable wasn't in the car anymore.

"Are you being serious? Come on!" She shouted over the sound of the car being revved.

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Lucas asked.

"Yes. I'm sure it's fine" The young brunette shouted back.

"Check under the hood, it sounds like a faulty ignition cable" I shouted from the back, being careful not to shout into El's ear who was sat in the seat infront of me. The boys all turned to me and gave me a confused look.

"My brother is Steve Harrington... trust me I know a fair few things about cars"

The two teens got out to check like I said. I heard something about an ignition cable when the sound of a car roaring could be heard in the distance.

"Back in the mall!" Nancy shouted opening the side door to let out El, Max, Lucas and El as Mike opened the back door and helped me out.

"Who is that?" I shouted but before anyone could answer I caught the glimpse of his face, Billy. He looked beyond pissed.

"Go, go, go, go!" Nancy screamed as we all ran as fast as we could back through the double doors.

****************

"Scoops Troop do you copy? Scoops Troop, I repeat, do you copy?" Mike was shouting into the small radio in his hand. I was sat with El who was talking about how she just needs time to recharge, then she can help me, "We are trapped in the mall and in need of emergency transportation, Scoops Troop do you copy? Billy has found us. He has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall."

I sighed sitting back and placing my hand on my dirty forehead pushing my hair out of my face, thankfully I had a bobble on my worst so I used that to tie my hair up messily.

"You're gonna kill him aren't you?" Max asked Nancy, I looked over to them, interested to see the older teens response.

"This is just a precaution, okay?"

"And not just against Billy. If he knows we're here so does the Mind Flayer" Will added, I looked around the mall when my eyes landed on the car at he side, Nancy caught my stare and turned to face the same direction.

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" Nancy asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"We don't need it to drive. We just need the ignition cable" I told her looking back at the group who were now all staring at me as if I found a pot of gold.

***********

After about 20 minutes of the guys trying to get the car to budge nothing was happening, El and I were sat to the side watching in anticipation.

"El?..." Will asked as he sighed out of breath.

The young girl stepped forward lazily, I could tell she was worn out and weak, she raised a shaky arm to toward the vehicle earning a few creaking noises to emit from it yet it didn't move.

*********

Once the car was finally moved, with the help of crowbars and poles there was a big group sigh. I wish I could help but right now I could barely even stand up properly.

"Told you.... Physics" Mike panted dropping the metal to the floor.

"Where is this thing Cam?" Nancy asked me as she struggled to open the bonnet.

"Uhh there should be a latch to open the bonnet under the wheel," I replied limping over to the beaten up car. After a few seconds of Nancy fumbling around in the front seat Johnathan was finally able to lift the metal bonnet.

I glanced over to Mike to see him, Max and El all looking at me sadly, I noticed the coke can next to Eleven. Her powers, they're gone. Shit, I'm gonna have to do this on my own, and I'm weak as fuck right now.

"Do you see it?" She asked walking back around to the front of the car.

"I don't know.... It should be right here" I panicked, my heart sinking to my stomach as I scanned my eyes over the different pipes and sockets, "Distributor, Distributor..."

A loud bang knocked me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality. I took my eyes away from the bonnet and looked to the source of the sound, it was coming from the glass ceiling above us.

"Uhh guys" Max spoke up as the sound of glass cracking made me feel sick to my stomach, no matter what I had inside of me, weather it be the Phoenix or The power of the sun, I still feared for my life.

"Got it" I sighed quickly pulling a cable from the car and looking back toward Mike as he shouted my name.

"Come on!" Nancy shouted grabbing my arm and pulling me to the side.

"Griswald family this is Scoops Troop. do you copy? Griswald family, do you--" A massive bang cut off Dustin's voice making my heart feel like it was gonna fall out my butt. I heard the creature let out a loud screech before throwing the radio not far from where I was hiding, Nancy had her arm around me holding me to her side. Lucas was next to me, Johnathan and Will were at the other side of Nancy.

I could feel tears forming in my eyes as I tried my best to stay strong, my breathing increasing as I buried my face into Nancy's shoulder, I had never been this close to her and I don't know why in a time like this I turned to her.

Looking over to the small camping store in the corner I noticed there was a small gas tank, it wasn't big enough to blow up the mall but was definitely big enough to blow up the shop. I focused on it and clicked my fingers making the whole store burst into flames, the creature shrieked, taking its focus off of the ledge El, Mike and Max were hid behind and made it's way over to the wreckage.

"Go, go go go go go!" Johnathan shouted as the Mind Flayer had it's back to us. Nancy helped me up and we jumped over the counter of the little burger kitchen making our way to the side exit.

A/N

Not edited