13

•The Bite•

(Not including the outfit)

********************************************

We pulled up at the Mall with very little time to spare, my leg wasn't hurting much anymore I'm gathering the Phoenix numbed the pain.

"Where are they?" Lucas asked as we walked in through the front doors, I closed my eyes and thought of Dustin. I was shown a food stand Dustin was ducked behind the counter.

"Food court" I whispered before opening my eyes again.

"Come on...lets go!" Max shouted as we ran to where the escalator is to take you down to the ground floor.

"Who're they?" Mike whispered as we reached the balcony that over looked the court.

"They're behind there," I said pointing at the food stand and looking toward El who lifted her arm up to the car that was just below us.

We all stood back to let her do her thing, before we knew it there was a massive bang. Running over to the railing we looked down to see Dustin, Steve, Robin and...Erica Sinclaire? Dustin looked up at us and gave a massive smile.

"Come on" I whispered as my leg began to hurt again. Mike grabbed my arm and slung it over his shoulders.

We reached the bottom of the escalators as Dustin came running over laughing, almost skipping with joy.

"You flung that thing like a hotwheel!" Dustin ran over embracing El in a massive hug, I always wanted them two to get together but now Dustin has this Suzie chick. I might play cupid in the foreseeable future.

"Lucas?" Little Erica shouted running over to her brother.

"What are you doing here?" He asked out of shock.

"Ask them its their fault" She sassed pointing at my brother and Robin.

"That is totally true, it was our fault"  Steve nodded from opposite me.

"Steve?" I asked taking my arm from Mikes shoulders and limping over to my brother, He opened his arms wide and embraced me in a rib crushing hug.

"What happened to your leg?" He asked pulling away keeping his arm around my shoulders as I turned to face the rest of the group.

"Long story" I sighed lifting it from the ground, causing pain to shoot through it.

"I don't understand what happened to that car!" Robin shouted running her hands through her hair.

"El and Cameron have superpowers" Dustin nodded. Let's write it in the sky Dustin.

"I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon catch up" Steve replied as if it was the most normal thing ever. He was being a little salty toward Robin...... she totally rejected him.

"That's El? And Cameron?"

"What're you talking about I've met you before" I spoke up adjusting myself on my leg.

"Nu-uh"

"Who's El?" Robin asked, oh my god this girl.

"I'm sorry who are you?" Nancy asked from her quiet little space. While all the fuss was happening I could feel myself slowly loosing my vision, I couldn't move and there were dark patches clouding my eyes.

I couldn't make out anymore words, everyone sounded like they were at the end of a tunnel, a very long tunnel. I couldn't feel anything, I didn't know if Steve was still holding onto me. The only thing I could feel was my skin burning. My breathing began to come out a little shaky.

I tried to blink away the dark patches but nothing would work, I was slowly slipping into oblivion.

Soon after I couldn't feel my legs anymore as they began to give way beneath me. I collapsed on the spot. I couldn't make out what people were shouting, I felt someone move my head so that I was facing the ceiling. Some of my vision came back and I looked to see it was Mike.

"What's wrong with her?" Someone asked, I just couldn't make out who.

"Whats wrong whats wrong?" Steve asked resting my head on his knees.

"Her leg" El whispered to which everyone rushed down to my bandaged leg.

"Get that off" Dustin told Johnathan as they pealed off the blood soaked bandage. Something moved inside my leg making me let out a groan as my skin began to heat up. The Phoenix was trying to burn it out of me, yet it didn't seem to do anything when it moved again deeper.

"Ah ow" I cried out letting out groans and wails.

"Cami? Cami?" Mike asked reaching for my hand but yanking it away when he felt the temperature. I don't know how Steve was holding my head.

"How are you doing that?" Mike asked.

"It hurts like a bitch but my little sister is hurt I don't care"

"Cam are you okay?" Everyone was shouting before I let out a scream causing the lights to all shatter.