10

•E Pluribus Unum•

(Unedited)********************************************

(Unedited)
********************************************

"Back to what we were saying, why does Billy want us to find him?" I asked looking up at Nancy as she slightly paced.

"That's what I'm afraid of" She replied, "But if we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are."

"Its a trap I agree. We'll be ambushed" Mike spoke up from next to me.

"We won't be surprised. We'll know that they're coming, and we will kick their flayed butts" Lucas tried to reason but he was just getting on my nerves.

"You mean El and Cam will kick their butts" Max sighed, looking at her boyfriend.

I sat there just looking at the bracelet that Steve gave me in constant wonder of what he was up to at this moment in time. While everyone was trying to come up with a plan, I closed my eyes trying to find him. Yet all I saw was two big metal doors with an armed man outside, definitely not Steve.

I opened my eyes to see Mike looking at me in confusion, he sat down next to me and whispered below all the talking.

"Who were you searching for?"

"Steve" I replied, making him give me a sad look, I sighed shaking my head, telling him that I couldn't find him.

"Killing the flayed won't kill the Mind Flayer, we need to find where it's coming from, find the source." Nancy thought out loud looking around the room at each of us.

"Billy knows it. Billy's been there, to the source" El spoke up walking back into the livingroom.

"Yeah but-" I tried to tell her.

"It's a trap I know. We can't go to Billy, but I think there's another way a way for me to see where he has been." She said not taking her eyes from mine, I finally clicked in on what she was saying, I know she did it with me once, she went inside my head, with the phoenix's power I was able to talk to her in there.

I swivelled around in my spot to turn the TV back on, the screen once again going fuzzy.

"Are you sure about this? You have only done this twice before. And your mom she loved you, but if I'm right in saying that the Mind Flayer has the same powers as the phoenix then Billy could hurt you in there" I told her crouching beside her.

"He can't hurt me" She replied, looking up at me.

"We don't know that--" I started but she cut me off by smiling at turning toward me.

"Cam....I need you to trust me" She smiled, grabbing my hand, I gave her hand a quick squeeze before she turned back to face the TV.

We all sat waiting for El, my knee was bouncing up and down in anticipation, Mike looked at me before slipping his hand into mine in attempt to calm me down. El then began to breathe heavily and move a little in her spot.

"Something's wrong" I whispered biting my nails. I can't watch, I decided to get up and take myself into El's bedroom. It gave me flashbacks from the lab, and all the experiments they used to make us go through.

After about 5 minutes I heard Mike shout, telling El to get out of there. So I got up pulling my shorts down as they had ridden up as I was sat cross legged.

As I walked back into the room I saw that El was still in there, so I sat down infront of her.

"Cami what are you doing?" Mike asked, I just ignored him as I studied the young girls expression. I let out a slight gasp as realisation hit me.

"Shit. He's blocking her. He's stopping her from leaving" I whispered yet loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Cameron don't!" I heard Mike shout as I reached out to grab her arm, I closed my eyes and sent myself into El's head.

She was in this cabin, Billy was stood in the doorway to what I'm assuming is Hopper's bedroom.

"You shouldn't have looked for me" He spoke up to her, I don't think he can see me just yet, I wasn't quite far enough into her mind yet, "Because now I see you. Now we can all see you."

(Play song)
He walked slowly over to El as she began to back up.

"You... Let us in. And now...you are going to have to let us stay" He spoke up, no emotion whatsoever in his voice. I could see tears begin to form on El's face, she was terrified. I was almost there.

"Don't you see? All this time, we've been building it," He said now backing El to one side of the cabin. "We've been building it.... for you.....and Four"

"All that work, all that pain...all of it... for you two" He smiled nearly laughing at himself. I was about 2 seconds away from being able to help her. She hit the sideboard across the room her hands reaching out to it.

"And now it's time. To end it.... And we are going to end you. And when you're gone, we are going to end your friends. and then we are going to end....everyone" He taunted I finally appeared in the room using all the built up energy I had and reached my hands up to set fire to the cabin around him.

"Get away from her!" I screamed as he went up in flames, cries falling past his lips as he did. I lost control......and it felt....good.

I stood there watching the fire, the flickers of light reflecting in my eyes. I saw El disappear back to Hawkins. I reached my arm up and slammed my fist into the floor making the whole cabin light up, the fire not even phasing me.

"Get out of this one asshole!" I shouted over the sound of the wood snapping, I then closed my eyes and reappeared back in the cabin surrounded by everyone.

Mike fell to his knees next to me and pulled me into a rib crushing hug. I looked down at my clothes noticing they had black soot on them and they had burnt holes in them.

"Thank God you're okay" Mike whispered thankfully in my ear.

A/N

At the end of this book I'm gonna add an extra chapter just showing what Cameron's life is like after everything, don't worry Mike and everyone will be in it.