Home Life

Jay
"Get anything worth while?" Dad asks as I step through the door, wringing my hair of the rain which like everything here is cold and filthy. I pull out an engraved wallet which looks like it's worth a lot, a pocket watch and a few silk handkerchiefs which the fabric goes for a lot here.
"Couldn't get anything more?" he asks, sharply. I sigh. I figured as the things I stole were more valuable he'd be okay with what I got but clearly not.
"Sorry," I mutter. He just nods and leaves, only caring to notice what I'm saying when it concerns 'stocking the shelves' and my apologies won't fill those or his pockets. I guess that he's going off to sell a toaster or to destroy feathers and rugs, imagining his revenge. I'm lucky, really, unlike my friends Evie and Mal I'm not under pressure simply because he forgets I exist.

I walk into my room which is a camp bed with a thin pillow and duvet pressed against a wall, a cardboard box for my clothes and some stuff I've stolen. Dad, after all, is hardly going to waste money on me. After all, not counting a minuite ago when he was checking what I stole, it's been over a week since he even spoke to me.

I change into a red and yellow sleevless leather jacket with black trousers and head out. I may as well meet up with the girls and spread some evil.

Evie
"Evie!" I hear mother call. I quickly apply a new coat of lipstick and head to the door, remembering to smile but not anough to cause wrinkles or show teeth.
"Yes Mother?" I ask, making sure to have a straight posture like a princess should.
"We need to talk about your friendship with that servant girl," she states, crossing her arms. My heart sinks slightly. Dizzy. Of course I don't remark - that would be unladylike.
"As a lady of status you are to look down on people like her," she says.
"Yes Mother," I say, knowing full well I'll still care for Dizzy regardless.
"However," she continues, as if I hadn't even spoken. "As she helps with your apperance I'll accept you still seeing her."

Apperance. It all comes back to that with her. Now I understand why it's so important and I know I'm just a pretty face but I wish she cared about me as a person.
"You may leave," she states. I nod and head to my room. "And no dinner tonight. We don't want you getting fat. That is not beautiful." I thank my lucky stars at that moment that it's the one comment she's made I ignore. I know I'm not fat just because of the restricted diet here. Plus Mal or Jay will probably sneak me something to eat anyway.

I head to my room, most of which is beauty products, cleanining supplies and clothes. The bed is pushed to the side, looks more of a priority than sleep to my Mother. I concider the fact that if this was someone elses home with such a desirable product it would probably have been stolen by now. Lucky my mother is so feared or I'd have to listen to more rants sbout how without makeup I'll never be pretty enough.

I hear a knock on the glass and grin when I see Jay there.
"Hey," he greets. "Good to come out?" I nod and swing my legs out to join him, the two of us heading to Mal's, shoving through anyone who gets in our way.

Mal
"Dissapointing, Mal," Mother states. "All your little games are petty. Spiteful at best. Why, I was only a little older than you when I was cursing entire kingdoms."
"Well what do you want me to do, Mother?" I ask impatiently. I am a little scared of her at times but I refuse to show it.
"For you to follow my legacy!" she declares impatiently. "Something evil Mal . Don't dissapoint me." I nod then leave.

Easier said than done. All I do is seem to dissapoint her. It's not surprising really. She's the mistress of evil and leader of this Isle so living up to her name or even close to it. She's the most feared villian and is among the group of villians noone dares mess with. On top of Mom these include Jafar, Cruella De Vil, Evil Queen, Shan U and Claude Frollo.

Mom, Jafar and Evil Queen gained this through how evil they are, how close they came to winning and hoe far they'll go to get what they want. The same goes for Cruella, Shan U and Frollo but for them there's the additional fact that they're all a little batshit crazy which means their unhinged behaviors could let them go even futher. Escpecially in the case of Cruella.

We have probably the nicest house on the Isle, even having the luxury of a fridge. I wouldn't call it homely though. It's just where I live. My room is nicer than either of my friends, Mom not caring as long as it suppirts evil so I spray painted the walls. She hasnt commented so I'm guessing she doesn't care. Big deal.

I hear a tap on my window, rolling my eyes as I see my two friends. I open it and smirk.
"You two are getting a tad clingy aren't you?" I mock. They roll their eyes back.
"Wanna go remind everyone who's boss?" Jay asks.
"You don't have to ask twice," I say, smirk widening, grabbing my jacket.

Carlos
I yelp in pain as my back collides with the wall Mother shoves me against. So she's either in a bad mood, drunk or simply bored today then. Great. Her nails dig into my arm, making me wince.
"Shut the fuck up," she hisses, nose inches from mine. She's not drunk then or I'd be able to smell the alchol on her breath. Bored? She knocks me to the floor, kicking me in the stomach repeatedly with her heeled shoes. It's lucky I haven't ate lately or I'd be sick which would just infuriate her.

"Worthless runt," she hisses at me. "Couldn't even fluff my furs."
"I did!" I protest. She scowls at me, grabbing me by the hair so tightly I'm worried she'll pull out a handful, pulling me to my feet.
"Not my favourite one," she snaps, punching me again.
"I'm sorry!" I say. "But you said I could never touch i-" The slap to my face cuts me off.
"I said SHUT UP" she screams, pulling out a knife which I eye warily. "Next time to your chores properly. Understood?!" she demands. I nod rapidly.

She drags me to the fur closet which doubles as my room and throws me inside. As I fall I tuck my arms in so they don't land on one of the many bear traps in the room. She slams the door behind me.

I sit on the thin rag I lie on at night, the space just big enough for me to sleep without finding a limb in a trap. I'm not allowed to touch the furs or have anything warm really so I hace become prettty adapt to the cold which is lucky as winter here can get very cold.

There are no windows in here so there's no way to know what time it is. Eventually though I feel drowsy and allow my eyes to close.