Hideaway

Mal
"BLOODY FUCKING AURADON!" I screech, kicking something over. Evie and Jay both flinch at my outburst.
"M, it's okay," Evie tries to tell me.
"No it's bloody well not!" I snap. "If they gave us proper medical supplies we could do something but nooo they leave us here to fucking rot! He's got countless cuts and is burning up, is malnourished and has clearly been hurting himself! None of this is okay!"
"Mal, breathe," Evie says, putting her hands on my shoulders, her beautiful eyes meeting mine. I mean eyes. Just eyes. Not beauti- who who am I kidding? Very beautiful.
"Now. If you want to be angry at someone be angry at Cruella," Evie advices.
"Fine," I mutter. She smiles.

I notice Carlos stirring and his eyes flutter open.
"Did you three kidnap me...again?"he asks, trying to look annoyed but instead looking exhausted and defeated.
"Yep," I say, unashamed. "Look...we found you passed out, covered in blood and bruises. We couldn't just leave you."
"Yes you could..." he mumbles, chewing his lip. "Thanks for not... things werent...good."
"You don't say!" Jay comments sarcastically. "Carlos... what happened?"
"Nothing," Carlos mumbles, gnawing on his lip. He focuses on the floor, looking anywhere except at us.

"Carlos," E says, her voice surprisingly gentle. "What happened?" Carlos sniffles slightly.
"Mum happened," he mumbles, tears pricking at his eyes. I mean we thought as much but hearing him confirm it hurts, especially as he sounds so monotone and used to it. "She got angry and bored so 'punished' me and beat me up."
"Did she do anything else?" I ask.

There's a long silence and Carlos' expression is panicked. Then he shakes his head.
"Sure?" I ask getting a very weak 'yes'. I don't believe him.
"So want to stay 'til you're better?" E asks.
"I'll get in trouble..." Carlos mumbles, fiddling with a loose thread on his shirt.
"Not if we're with you. We're 'evil'. Wouldn't Bitchella be glad you're hanging out with us?" Jay asks getting a tiny nod from Carlos. "Then stay."
"Okay." Carlos mumbles, barely audibly.